TABEX 1.5 mg. 100 tablets, TABEX
Tabex contains the active substance cytisine, which acts on the smoker's body like nicotine. Taking Tabex leads to a gradual cessation of smoking without the unpleasant sensations and discomfort associated with quitting smoking.
Tabex is used in people addicted to smoking (chronic tobacco) who want to quit.
TABEX 1.5 mg. 100 tablets, TABEX Composition:
Each tablet contains 1.5 mg of cytisine.
Excipients: Lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, magnesium stearate.
Composition of the film coating: scrape 2 brown.
TABEX 1.5 mg. 100 tablets, TABEX Dosage:
The treatment is carried out according to the following scheme:
• 1-3 days - 1 tablet 6 times a day (every 2 hours). These days, a gradual reduction in the number of cigarettes smoked is expected. If the result is unsatisfactory, the treatment is stopped and can be repeated after 2-3 months. In case of satisfactory effect (significantly reduced number of cigarettes) after the 3rd day the treatment continues according to the scheme;
• 4-12 days - 1 tablet every 2.5 hours (5 tablets daily);
• 13-16 days - 1 tablet every 3 hours (4 tablets daily);
• 17-20 days - 1 tablet every 5 hours (3 tablets daily);
• 21-25 days - 1-2 tablets daily.
The final cessation of smoking should take place on the 5th day after starting treatment. At the end of the treatment course, the patient must show willpower and not afford a single cigarette.
If you take more Tabex than you should, if you take more than the prescribed dose, you may feel nauseous, your heart beats faster, you may have difficulty breathing. Vomiting and dilation of the pupils are possible. In this case, stop taking Tabex and consult a doctor or seek help at the nearest healthcare facility.
If you forget to take Tabex
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, take it as usual, skipping the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Continue to take the medicine as described in this leaflet.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not take Tabex when:
• Presence of allergy (hypersensitivity) to the active substance cytisine or any of the other ingredients of Tabex;
• a recent myocardial infarction or stroke. unstable angina, cardiac arrhythmia (cardiac arrhythmia), atherosclerosis;
• pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Relative contraindications to the use of Tabex are:
• chromaffin tumors of the adrenal gland;
• gastroesophageal reflux disease (return of gastric juice in the lower part of the esophagus, which is manifested by a burning sensation);
• mental illness (some forms of schizophrenia). Take special care with Tabex As there is insufficient clinical experience in the safe use of Tabex, caution should be exercised in patients with:
• ischemic heart disease (impaired blood supply to the heart muscle);
• heart failure (heart muscle weakness):
• hypertension (high blood pressure);
• cerebrovascular diseases;
• blockage of blood vessels;
• kidney and liver diseases;
• hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid function);
There is insufficient clinical experience with the safe use of Tabex in children under 18 years of age and adults over 65 years of age.
Tabex is not recommended for use in these categories of patients without prior consultation with a physician and benefit / risk assessment. Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor if you are taking medicines such as physostigmine, galantamine, statins, medicines to lower blood pressure, to treat tuberculosis, due to the possible increase in their side effects when used with Tabex.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Taking Tabex with food and drink
Food and drink do not affect the way Tabex works.
Bremen nose so and lactation:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you should not be treated with Tabex.
Driving and using machines
There is no evidence of adverse effects of Tabex in activities that require increased attention and speed of reactions.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Tabex
This medicinal product contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking Tabex.
Possible side effects:
Like all medicines, Tabex can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The following side effects are possible with Tabex, especially in the beginning:
• dry mouth, changes in taste and appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea;
• headache, dizziness;
• palpitations, chest pain, rapid heartbeat, a slight increase in blood pressure;
• drowsiness, insomnia, increased irritability;
• difficulty breathing;
• muscle pain;
• weight loss, sweating.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Store in the original package in order to protect from light and moisture.
Store below 25 ° C.
Keep out of reach of children!