MORONAL Ointment, paronychia treatment, mycosis fungoides
pack size:20g Dosage form:ointment
Active ingredients: Nystatin 100,000 IE/g
Areas of application:
Mycotic skin infections caused by yeast fungi (Candida albicans and others), e.g. B. intertrigo, interdigital mycosis, perianal and genital mycosis, paronychia, diaper rash.
For the treatment of fungal infections.
active MORONAL Ointment, paronychia treatment, mycosis fungoides ingredients
- 100000 IU nystatin
MORONAL Ointment, paronychia treatment, mycosis fungoides excipients
- Paraffin, viscous
Indication/ MORONAL Ointment, paronychia treatment, mycosis fungoidesApplication
- The ointment is used to treat fungal infections (antifungal).
- It is used to relieve symptoms of yeast infections of the skin (Candida spp. and others e.g. perianal and genital mycosis).
MORONAL Ointment, paronychia treatment, mycosis fungoides dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is:
- The ointment should be applied to the affected areas of skin once or several times a day.
duration of use
- Treatment should be continued until complete healing.
- Do not use Nystatin for more than 7 days without medical advice.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should
- Basically, you should apply the ointment thinly and only use it for as long as is necessary for complete healing or as recommended by the doctor or pharmacist, but no special measures need to be taken if you have accidentally used the drug too often.
If you forget to use nystatin
- Do not apply twice if you forget the previous application.
If you cancel the application
- If you stop the treatment, you could jeopardize the success of the treatment.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
MORONAL Ointment, paronychia treatment, mycosis fungoides way
- For application on the skin.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- The drug is well tolerated at any age, even when treated over a long period of time.
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- Hypersensitivity (rash, dermatitis, itching and burning) to the active substance nystatin.
- Treatment should be discontinued if irritant or allergic contact dermatitis occurs, which can also manifest itself in the form of itching, reddening, blisters, papules beyond the contact area (so-called spread reactions).
- If a hypersensitivity reaction occurs, the drug should be discontinued and, if necessary, appropriate treatment should be administered by a doctor.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
- The effect of nystatin against yeast fungi (Candida albicans) is supplemented or reinforced on culture media by flucytosine, tetracycline and other medicinal substances.
The ointment must not be used
- if you are allergic to nystatin, other polyene antibiotics or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- Nystatin, the active substance in the ointment, is hardly absorbed in therapeutic doses after oral administration, through the intact skin or through the mucous membranes. Nystatin does not cross the placenta and is not expected to be excreted in breast milk.
- Nystatin can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
patient MORONAL Ointment, paronychia treatment, mycosis fungoides notes
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the ointment.
- If nystatin and latex products (e.g. condoms, diaphragms) are used at the same time, functional impairment and thus safety may be impaired.
- Due to the high osmolarity of nystatin, its use in very underweight and immature preterm infants is discouraged.
- Since nystatin is practically not absorbed through the skin, there are no known restrictions for older people when used on the skin.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There are no special precautions required.