Allergan LIQUIFILM OK N povidone eye drops
active Allergan LIQUIFILM OK N povidone eye drops ingredients
- 8.4 mg poly(vinyl alcohol)
- 3.6 mg povidone
Allergan LIQUIFILM OK N povidone eye drops excipients
- sodium chloride
- water for injections
- The drug is a film former containing the polymers poly(vinyl alcohol) and povidone (K 29-32). It is used for dry eyes caused by insufficient tear production, improper composition of the tear film, or poor lid closure
The preparation relieves eye irritation caused by external factors such as wind, heated air or screen work.
Allergan LIQUIFILM OK N povidone eye drops dosage
- Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose is 1 drop, which you instill in the conjunctival sac of the affected eye up to 6 times a day as needed.
- The drug is suitable for long-term therapy.
- If eye irritation, pain, redness or changes in vision develop or worsen during use, you should stop treatment and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you use more than you should
- There is no risk if you accidentally put too much in your eye. If you have any concerns, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forgot the application
- If you forget to use it, make up the missed use as soon as you realize it, and then continue the treatment as planned.
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Allergan LIQUIFILM OK N povidone eye drops way
- The medicine is used on the eye.
Instructions for use:
- Make sure the single-dose container is intact before use. Apply the eye drops immediately after opening. Wash your hands thoroughly before use.
- Tilt your head back slightly and look up. Slightly pull the lower lid down until a small pocket forms. Turn the single-dose container upside down and squeeze the container until a drop falls into each eye to be treated. Blink a few times.
- Throw away the single-dose container after use. Remaining residual content may not be reused.
- Like all medicines, this can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
It is known that the following side effects can occur in the eye after use, but the number of people who have experienced them is not known:
- Temporary stinging or irritation after instillation
- eye irritation
- eye pain
- Redness of the eye/conjunctiva
- blurred vision
- itching of the eye
- foreign body sensation
- discharges from the eye
- redness of the eyelid
- teary eyes
- swelling of the eye/eyelid
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the listed side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed.
Allergan LIQUIFILM OK N povidone eye drops interactions
When used with other medicines
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
- Poly(vinyl alcohol) can form complexes with adrenaline, oxytetracycline and scopolamine and is incompatible with sulphites and phosphates.
- If you are also using other eye medications, you should leave at least 15 minutes between using these medications and using the eye drops.
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to poly(vinyl alcohol), povidone or any of the other ingredients.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
- The drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
patient Allergan LIQUIFILM OK N povidone eye drops notes
Particular caution is required when using
- if you wear contact lenses. Contact lenses must be removed before each application of the eye drops and may only be reinserted after 15 minutes.
Driving and using machines
- Temporary blurred vision may occur during use.
- Therefore, do not operate vehicles or machines and do not work without a secure footing until you can see clearly again.