Bepanthen ® WOUND AND HEALING Ointment
Active ingredient: Dexpanthenol
Areas of application:
To support the healing of superficial light skin and mucous membrane damage.
Contains wool wax, stearyl alcohol and cetyl alcohol. Note leaflet. Avoid eye contact.
Bayer Vital GmbH, 51368 Leverkusen, Germany
As at: 02/2021
For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For young and old: The Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment to support wound healing
The advantages of the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment at a glance:
• for use on small wounds and flaky, cracked skin
• promotion of natural wound healing thanks to the active ingredient dexpanthenol
• good tolerance, also suitable for use on sensitive skin
• contains no coloring, fragrance or preservatives
Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment supports the healing process
Be it a small cut with a knife or a superficial wound after a fall: minor injuries such as cuts, scratches or abrasions occur again and again in everyday life. As a rule, these are not too bad either - the skin itself now begins to work and takes care of the wound. If the organism is healthy, it starts wound healing, which takes place in three steps: Be it a small cut with a knife or a superficial wound after a fall: Smaller injuries such as cuts, scratches or abrasions occur again and again in everyday life. As a rule, these are not too bad either - the skin itself now begins to work and takes care of the wound. If the organism is healthy, it starts wound healing, which takes place in three steps:
1. In the inflammation phase, also known as the cleansing phase, any bleeding is stopped. Once this is done, the blood vessels widen - the wound reddened and warmed up. This phase is primarily used to ward off germs in order to avoid infection. Our tip: Bepanthen ® Antiseptic Wound Cream is suitable for the initial treatment of superficial wounds - it protects against infections and has a pleasantly cooling effect.
2. The so-called repair phase starts a few days after the inflammation phase. The aim is to rebuild the damaged tissue and blood vessels. To support the process, it is recommended to use the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment.
3. In the last step (reconstruction phase) the wound is completely closed. In the case of superficial injuries, such as cuts or abrasions, the healing usually proceeds without scarring. However, if a scar does develop, the Bepanthen ® scar gel will support you . With timely scar treatment (after the wound has closed), it is possible to improve the subsequent scar appearance.
Step by step, the skin works independently to restore itself. Nevertheless: You can support the healing process positively. After the first wound care, i.e. after cleaning with water and disinfecting the wound, you should use the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment.
The ointment is ideal for small wounds, but also for flaky, cracked skin, which often occurs in winter. It helps the skin to heal itself by
• promoting natural wound healing with the help of the active ingredient dexpanthenol,
• stimulating the formation of new skin cells and thus ensuring faster wound closure,
• preventing the skin from drying out by creating a breathable protective film over the affected area.
The Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment is also characterized by good tolerance and is therefore also suitable for sensitive skin. It does not contain any colorings, fragrances or preservatives.
Information on how to use the Bepanthen ®Apply wound and healing ointment, see the package insert. The duration of use of the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment depends on the type and course of wound healing, but can continue until the symptoms have subsided.
Please note that the ointment must not be used after the expiry date; this refers to the last day of the month. After opening the tube, the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment can be kept for another three months.
There are no restrictions on use for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
The active ingredients of the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment
Embedded in a special ointment base, the active ingredient dexpanthenol supports the natural healing process. It does this by stimulating the production of new skin cells and thus accelerating the formation of new, healthy skin tissue. In addition, the film of ointment applied to the affected skin area prevents the wound from drying out.
When using the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment, side effects such as an allergic reaction can occur. Further information can be found in the instruction leaflet.
Order the Bepanthen ® wound and healing ointment today : Available here without a prescription in pack sizes of 20 grams (ideal for on the go) as well as 50 grams and 100 grams (for the whole family and for frequent use).