BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis
Active ingredients: Bifonazole, 10 mg/g Areas of
Skin infections caused by dermatophytes, yeasts, molds and other types of fungi such as e.g. B. Malassezia furfur or Corynebacterium minutissimum such. B.:
- mycoses of the skin and skin folds (tinea corporis and tinea inguinalis)
- interdigital mycoses (tinea pedum, tinea manum)
- pityriasis versicolor
- superficial candidiasis of the skin
For the treatment of fungal diseases
active BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis ingredients
- 10 mg bifonazole
BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis excipients
- 100 mg cetostearyl alcohol
- cetyl palmitate
- sorbitan stearate
- Polysorbate 60
- chlorhexidine digluconate
- water, purified
Indication/ BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis Application
- The drug is used to treat fungal diseases (antifungal).
The drug is used for skin infections caused by dermatophytes, yeasts, molds and other pathogens such as Malassezia furfur or Corynebacterium minutissimum, such as:
- Mycoses of the skin and skin folds (tinea corporis and tinea inguinalis)
- Mycoses between fingers and toes (tinea pedis, tinea manuum)
- pityriasis versicolor
- Superficial yeast infections (candidiasis) of the skin
- Dwarf lichen (erythrasma).
BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis dosage
Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is:
- Apply the medicine to the diseased skin areas once a day. For application to a palm-sized area, about 1 g of cream (equivalent to a strand length of 0.5 - 1 cm) is generally sufficient.
- The usual dose is:
Duration of use:
- Regular and sufficiently long use of this drug is important for the success of the treatment. The length of treatment varies and depends, among other things, on the extent and localization of the disease. In order to achieve complete healing, treatment with the drug should not be stopped immediately after the acute signs of inflammation or the subjective symptoms have subsided.
- The duration of treatment for fungal diseases of the skin is generally 2-4 weeks.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you use more of the medicine than you should
- You can continue the treatment with the prescribed dose. In the case of a short-term overdose, no impairments are to be expected.
If you forget to use the medicine
- Continue treatment as directed in the dosing instructions (eg do not apply the cream more frequently or in larger amounts).
If you stop using the medicine
- Please note that it is important to use the drug for a sufficiently long time in order to achieve a complete recovery and to avoid recurrence.
- Therefore, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before interrupting or prematurely ending the treatment, for example because of side effects!
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis way
- The medicine is applied thinly to the diseased skin areas and rubbed in gently.
- For further information, see the manufacturer's instructions for use
side BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis effects
Like all medicines, this can have side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
Possible side effects:
- Slight reddening, burning, irritation and scaling may occasionally occur.
- The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed here.
BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis interactions
When using the drug with other drugs:
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
- No interactions have been reported so far when used as directed.
The medicine must not be used
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to bifonazole or any of the other ingredients of the medicine.
pregnancy, BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis and breast feeding period
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Bifonazole should only be used during pregnancy after a careful risk-benefit assessment, since there is no experience with its use in pregnant women.
- The medicine should not be used in the chest area during breast-feeding.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient BIFON, Bifonazole Cream, erythrasma, tinea corporis notes
Special care is required when using the drug:
- You should only use the medicine in infants under medical supervision.
Driving and using machines:
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.