BIOCARN syrup acetyl l carnitine 50 ml levocarnitine, fat burning
Biocarn ® syrup, 1 g / 3.3 ml acetyl l carnitine, fat burning
Active ingredient: levocarnitine.
Areas of application: For substitution in primary and secondary systemic carnitine deficiency. As a treatment attempt for special forms of muscular dystrophy with lipid accumulation, which are based on a primary muscular carnitine deficiency.
To complement the treatment of progressive muscular dystrophy of the Duchenne type, provided that functioning skeletal muscles are still present. To replace dialysis-related loss of levocarnitine during chronic hemodialysis treatment.
BIOCARN acetyl l carnitine, fat burning, fat burning For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Status July 2018. MEDICE Arzneimittel Pütter GmbH & Co. KG, Kuhloweg 37, 58638 Iserlohn.
Biocarn ® 1g / 3.3ml syrup with acetyl l carnitine, 50 ml
- High-quality L-carnitine in pharmaceutical quality: highly effective against a lack of carnitine
- With L-carnitine in high dosage (303 mg levocarnitine per ml syrup)
- Proven effectiveness and tolerance
- Approved drug
- Very well tolerated
BIOCARN acetyl l carnitine, fat burning, fat burning L-carnitine in drug quality
Levocarnitine (L-carnitine for short) is a substance produced by the body that plays a central role in supplying energy to the skeletal and heart muscles.
But the body does not always have sufficient carnitine available - keyword “carnitine deficiency”. A carnitine deficiency can not only lead to certain symptoms such as exhaustion, difficulty concentrating or an increased susceptibility to infections, but is sometimes also involved in muscle problems such as muscle wasting, weakness and pain, as well as muscular dystrophy and muscle atrophy.
Biocarn ® is used to compensate for a lack of carnitine. Biocarn ®make a valuable contribution as a complementary therapy.
BIOCARN acetyl l carnitine, fat burning, fat burning The specialty: Biocarn ® contains high-quality L-carnitine in the highest pharmaceutical quality.
Good to know: The dosage of carnitine in food supplements is often insufficient to compensate for a carnitine deficiency. Biocarn ®, on the other hand, is high-dose and contains 303 mg levocarnitine per ml of syrup. Due to its proven effectiveness and tolerance, Biocarn ® is approved as a medicinal product and thus supplies the active ingredient in the highest medicinal quality .
Interesting facts about carnitine deficiency
Carnitine is basically available to the body from two sources:
- Body's own carnitine production Levocarnitine is usually produced in the body itself. More precisely, the organism produces L-carnitine from the amino acids lysine and methionine in the liver and kidneys - B vitamins, vitamin C and the trace element iron are indispensable "helpers" here.
- Supply of carnitine through food We also take in carnitine through certain foods. The most important supplier of carnitine is red meat.
In certain cases, a carnitine deficiency can occur. Possible causes of a carnitine deficiency can be:
- Certain diseases that impair the utilization of carnitine ("secondary carnitine deficiency")
- Vegetarian or vegan diet (insufficient carnitine intake from animal foods or lack of vitamin B12, which is required for the body's own carnitine synthesis)
- Increased carnitine consumption (e.g. during endurance sports, after surgery or dialysis)
- In rare cases, a primary carnitine deficiency can also occur: Here the body's own production of carnitine is disturbed, for example due to a malfunction in the liver or kidneys.
Areas of application of BIOCARN acetyl l carnitine, fat burning, fat burning
The most important areas of application of Biocarn ® are:
- Adults and adolescents from 12 years of age take 2 Aqualibra ® film- coated tablets 3 times a day with plenty of fluid.
- Compensation for a lack of carnitine, for example due to a vegetarian diet, increased physical activity, artificial (parental) nutrition or age-related insufficient supply of nutrients.
- Treatment of primary systemic carnitine deficiency when the body cannot produce carnitine itself due to genetic defects.
- Compensation for carnitine losses due to medication or after dialysis
- To complement the treatment of progressive muscular dystrophy of the Duchenne type, provided that functioning skeletal muscles are still present.
- As a treatment attempt for special forms of muscular dystrophy (muscle wasting) with lipid accumulation (fat accumulation), which are based on a primary muscular carnitine deficiency.
Dosage of BIOCARN acetyl l carnitine, fat burning, fat burning
For the dosage and use of Biocarn ®, please refer to the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
BIOCARN acetyl l carnitine, fat burning, fat burning In general:
- The recommended dose is 1 g levocarnitine (3.3 ml Biocarn ® = 1 measuring cup) per day. On days with hemodialysis treatment, Biocarn ® should be taken after hemodialysis is complete.
- Biocarn ® can be taken pure or diluted with liquid, regardless of meals.
- The bioavailability of carnitine can be increased if Biocarn ® is taken in several single doses.
- Interactions with food and beverages are not yet known.
- Due to its good tolerance, Biocarn ® is suitable for long-term use. However, a doctor should decide on the duration of use.