Biofanal ® for vaginal fungus 100,000 IU vaginal tablets
Active ingredient: Nystatin
App .: Infect. of the vagina, which is caused by nystatin Yeasts (Candida albicans, Candida glabrata, etc.) have been caused (fluorine, vaginitis).
For BIOFANAL, vaginal thrush, vaginal fungus information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Biofanal ® for vaginal
thrush vaginal tablets Biofanal ® vaginal tablets is a specific agent against yeasts for the treatment of fungal infections of the vagina. The vaginal tablets contain the active ingredient nystatin.
Mushrooms as pathogens
The presence of fungi on human skin and mucous membranes is initially normal. Fungal infections only occur when they multiply excessively. When it comes to vaginal thrush, one speaks of vulvovaginal candidiasis, derived from the most common pathogen Candida albicans. Candida types are yeasts that are the cause of a number of infectious diseases.
The risk factors
An excessive multiplication of the pathogens up to the vaginal fungus is based on a disturbance of the healthy vaginal flora. Factors promoting this can be hormonal changes such as during pregnancy, menopause or the pill, a weakened immune system, therapy with antibiotics or corticoids, diseases such as diabetes mellitus, stress and excessive intimate hygiene.
Symptoms of vaginal thrush
A vaginal thrush infection manifests itself in the form of itching and burning in the genital area. In addition, there is redness and swelling and a yellowish-white, crumbly discharge can often be observed.
Vaginal fungus is uncomfortable, but can be easily treated with antifungal agents, so-called antimycotics. Their effect on the fungus is fungistatic in applied doses, ie growth-inhibiting (clotrimazole) or fungistatic and additionally fungicidal, ie fungicidal (nystatin).
Advantages of Biofanal ®
• contains the biological active ingredient nystatin
• has a specific effect against yeasts and protects the physiological vaginal flora
• has a fungistatic and fungicidal effect, against growing and dormant fungal cells
• has a favorable level of resistance, despite decades of use
• is not absorbed, has a local effect without interactions with other drugs
• is the drug of choice during pregnancy and breastfeeding
How does nystatin work?
Nystatin binds to ergosterols in the fungal cell membrane. This makes the membrane more permeable, i.e. more permeable to cell components, so that transport processes are disrupted. The growth of the fungus is inhibited (fungistatic effect) and the fungus dies (fungicidal effect).
How is Biofanal ® used?
The vaginal tablets can optionally be used for 3-day short therapy or 6-day therapy. Two vaginal tablets are inserted three days in a row or one vaginal tablet is inserted deep into the vagina in the evening before going to bed for six days in a row. Please wash your hands before use.
Even during pregnancy?
Nystatin does not cross the placenta. Due to its molecular size, the active ingredient is hardly absorbed and does not enter the systemic circulation. The good tolerance makes Biofanal ® the agent of choice for vaginal thrush during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It can be used safely and safely at all times.
What do I have to consider?
• Simultaneous treatment of the partner with Biofanal ® ointment can be useful in order to avoid renewed infections.
• A possible yellow discoloration of laundry by Biofanal ® can be easily washed out.
• In the intimate area, clear water should be used for washing and, if necessary, a cleansing product suitable for the vaginal environment.
• Moisture through sweating provides good conditions for fungus to spread, so make sure you wear underwear that is breathable and washable at 60 ° C.
• It is important to always wipe front to back after using the toilet.