BIOMO-Lipon 600 film-coated polyneuropathy tablets
Active substance: DL-a-lipoic acid
Discomfort in diabetic polyneuropathies For biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy information on
risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For abnormal sensations caused by diabetic nerve damage (polyneuropathy).
Active biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy ingredients
- 600 mg DL-α-lipoic acid
Auxiliary biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy materials
- Lactose-1 water
- Corn starch, pre-gelatinized
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Silica, finely divided
- Carboxymethyl starch, sodium type A
- Magnesium stearate (vegetable)
- Macrogol 6000
- Titanium dioxide
- Ferric oxide
Indication / Biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy application
- Thioctic acid (alpha-lipoic acid) is a substance formed in higher living organisms in the body's own metabolism, which influences certain metabolic functions of the body. In addition, thioctic acid has (antioxidant) properties that protect the nerve cells from reactive degradation products.
The medicine is used in
- Parasitic sensations in diabetic nerve damage (polyneuropathy).
biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has discussed. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
- 1 film-coated tablet of thioctic acid (equivalent to 600 mg thioctic acid) as a single dose about 30 minutes before the first meal.
Duration of application
- Since diabetic nerve damage is a chronic condition, you may need to take thioctic acid permanently.
- Your treating doctor will decide on a case-by-case basis.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- In the event of an overdose, nausea, vomiting and headache may occur.
- In individual cases, heavy, z. Sometimes life-threatening symptoms of poisoning were observed (such as generalized seizures, derailment of the acid-base balance with lactic acidosis, severe blood clotting disorders).
- Therefore, if a significant overdose is suspected (e.g. more than 10 tablets of 600 mg in adults and more than 50 mg / kg body weight in children), immediate hospitalization and the initiation of measures in accordance with the general principles of treatment for poisoning cases are required.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicinal product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy way
- The film-coated tablets should be swallowed whole with sufficient liquid on an empty stomach. Ingesting food at the same time can impede the passage of thioctic acid into the bloodstream. It is therefore particularly important in patients who also have a prolonged gastric emptying time that the intake takes place half an hour before a meal / breakfast.
Side biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy effects
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Very rare (less than 1 user in 10,000):
- Gastrointestinal complaints such as nausea, vomiting, stomach and intestinal pain and diarrhea
- Taste disorders
- Allergic reactions such as skin rash, hives (urticaria) and itching
- The blood sugar level can drop due to an improved utilization of glucose. Symptoms such as hypoglycaemia with dizziness, sweating, headaches and visual disturbances were described.
- If you observe the above-mentioned side effects, thioctic acid should not be taken again. Notify your doctor so that he can decide on the severity and any additional measures that may be required.
- At the first signs of a hypersensitivity reaction, the drug should be discontinued and a doctor should be contacted immediately.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy Interactions
Taking with other medicines
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently used, or may use any other medicines. It cannot be ruled out that the simultaneous use of thioctic acid leads to a loss of effectiveness of cisplatin (a cancer drug).
- Thioctic acid easily forms chemical compounds with metals (metal chelator) and should therefore not be given at the same time as metal compounds (e.g. iron supplements, magnesium supplements, dairy products due to the calcium content) because of the fact that it can lead to a loss of effectiveness. If the entire daily dose of thioctic acid is taken 30 minutes before breakfast, iron and magnesium supplements can be taken at noon or in the evening.
- The blood sugar lowering effect of insulin or oral antidiabetic drugs can be increased. Therefore, especially in the initial stage of therapy with thioctic acid, close blood glucose monitoring is indicated. In individual cases, to avoid symptoms of hypoglycaemia, it may be necessary to reduce the insulin dose or the dose of the oral antidiabetic drug according to the instructions of the attending physician.
Take with food, drink and alcohol
- Regular consumption of alcohol is a significant risk factor for the development and progression of neuropathic diseases and can therefore also impair the success of treatment with thioctic acid. Therefore, patients with diabetic polyneuropathy are generally recommended to avoid alcohol consumption as much as possible. This also applies to therapy-free intervals.
The medicine should not be ingested
- if you are allergic to thioctic acid or any of the other ingredients.
pregnancy Biomo lipon 600 polyneuropathy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you suspect you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- It corresponds to the general principles of pharmacotherapy that drugs should only be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding after careful risk-benefit analysis.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should only undergo treatment with alpha-lipoic acid after careful recommendation and supervision by their doctor, as there is no experience with this group of patients. Special studies on animals have not produced any indications of fertility disorders or teratogenic effects.
- Nothing is known about a possible transfer of alpha-lipoic acid into breast milk.
Warnings and Precautions
- Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before taking the medicine.
Children and adolescents
- Children and adolescents should be excluded from treatment as there is no clinical experience for this age group.
Driving and using machines:
- There are no special precautions required.