CALCIUM FOLINATE GRY 15 tablets, Calciumfolinat-GRY® 15 mg
active CALCIUM FOLINATE ingredients
- 19.06 mg calcium folinate-5 water
CALCIUM FOLINATE excipients
- lactose-1 water
- magnesium stearate
- Starch, pregelatinized
CALCIUMFOLINATE GRY 15 tablets
Calciumfolinat-GRY® 15 mg belongs to the drug group of antidotes (substance that counteracts the toxicity of cytostatic treatment). Calciumfolinat-GRY® 15 mg is also used in combination with 5-fluorouracil in the treatment of colon cancer. Finally, Calciumfolinat-GRY® 15 mg can be taken to treat folic acid deficiencies.
Calciumfolinat-GRY® 15 mg is used
- for calcium folinate rescue in methotrexate therapy
a) to prevent symptoms of intoxication from (medium) high-dose methotrexate therapy or persistently high methotrexate serum levels (also in the case of low-dose methotrexate therapies).
Persistently high methotrexate serum levels are to be expected in particular in the case of pleural effusions, ascites, renal insufficiency and insufficient fluid intake during methotrexate therapy.
b) for the treatment of symptoms of intoxication from methotrexate therapy that can be attributed to a tetrahydrofolic acid deficiency.
- for the treatment of folic acid deficiencies of various origins that cannot be remedied by dietary measures.
a) With this treatment, a vitamin B12 deficiency should be excluded in the differential diagnosis.
b) In contrast to the first two areas of application mentioned, the use of folic acid is sufficient here.
- in combination with 5-fluorouracil to treat advanced cancer of the rectum
The active substance is: calcium folinate 5H2O 19.1 mg (equivalent to 15 mg folinic acid); The other ingredients are:
lactose monohydrate, corn starch, magnesium stearate (Ph. Eur.), pregelatinized starch.
Calciumfolinat-GRY® 15 mg should be taken whole with some liquid.
- Calcium folinate should be used with methotrexate or 5-fluorouracil only under the direct supervision of a physician experienced in the use of cancer chemotherapy drugs.
Do not store above 25°C
The expiry date is printed on the blister and the carton.
This pack must not be used after this date.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. This measure helps to protect the environment.
TEVA Pharma BV
POBox 43011, 3540 AA Utrecht