CANDIO HERMAL soft paste, Fungal infections with yeast fungi (Candida)
Areas of application:
- Fungal infections with yeast fungi (Candida), such as:
- Fungal infections of the skin
- Fungal infections in the body folds
- Fungal infections of the mucous membranes, such as:
- Diaper dermatitis (skin inflammation under a diaper) Instructions for
CANDIO HERMAL, Fungal infections, yeast fungi (Candida) use:
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
Type of application?
Apply the medicine to the affected skin area(s).
Or: Apply the medicine to the anus.
Or: Apply the medicine to the affected areas in the genital area.
Duration of use?
The duration of use depends on the type of symptoms and/or the course of the disease. General duration of treatment: 2-3 weeks.
Overdose can cause skin rash, itching and burning. If you suspect an overdose, contact a doctor immediately.
Continue the application as normal (i.e. not with double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for babies, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action CANDIO HERMAL, Fungal infections, yeast fungi (Candida):
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
The active ingredient damages the outer shell, the so-called cell membrane of fungi. This shell thus loses some of its functions, cell components leak out and the cell can dissolve. Depending on the concentration of the active ingredient, the fungi are thereby inhibited in their growth and reproduction or killed directly.
CANDIO HERMAL, Fungal infections, yeast fungi (Candida) Contraindications:
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: According to current knowledge, the medicine has no harmful effects on the development of your child or the birth.
- Breast-feeding: According to current knowledge, there are no indications that the drug should not be used during breast-feeding.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use involves in the event of a contraindication.
Side CANDIO HERMAL, Fungal infections, yeast fungi (Candida) effects:
What side effects can occur?
Only side effects that have only occurred in exceptional cases so far are described for the drug.
If you notice any discomfort or changes during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
Important CANDIO HERMAL, Fungal infections, yeast fungi (Candida) information:
What should you consider?
- Be careful if you are allergic to fungal agents (e.g. nystatin)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to paraffin!
- Be careful if you are allergic to emulsifiers (e.g. sorbitan fat esters with E numbers E 493 and E 494)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to the solvent polyethylene glycol (E number E 431)!