Cloderm Cream 1%, clotrimazole, fungal diseases
Active substance: clotrimazole.
Areas of application:
Mycoses of the skin caused by dermatophytes, yeasts (e.g. Candida species), molds and others such as Malassezia furfur, e.g. B. mycoses of the feet, the skin and skin folds, bran lichen (pityriasis versicolor), superficial yeast infections (candidiasis).
For risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For use in fungal diseases.
active clotrimazole, fungal diseases ingredients
- 10 mg clotrimazole
clotrimazole, fungal diseases excipients
- 10 mg benzyl alcohol
- sorbitan stearate
- cetyl palmitate
- 100 mg cetostearyl alcohol
- water, purified
Indication/ CLODERM Cream, clotrimazole, fungal diseases Application
- The drug is a broad-spectrum antifungal.
- The medicine is used in fungal infections of the skin caused by dermatophytes, yeasts (eg Candida species), molds and others such as Malassezia furfur and infections caused by Cornynebacterium minutissimum. These can manifest as mycoses of the feet, mycoses of the skin and skin folds, pityriasis versicolor, erythrasma, and superficial candidiasis.
CLODERM Cream, clotrimazole, fungal diseases dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
- The cream is applied thinly to the affected areas 2 - 3 times a day and rubbed in. A small amount of cream (approx. 1/2 cm strand length) is usually sufficient for an area about the size of the palm of your hand.
duration of use
- Regular and sufficiently long use of the cream is important for the success of the treatment. The duration of treatment varies; it depends, among other things, on the extent and localization of the disease. In order to achieve complete healing, treatment with the cream should not be discontinued after the acute inflammatory symptoms or subjective complaints have subsided, but should be continued for at least 4 weeks.
- Pityriasis versicolor generally heals in 1-3 weeks and erythrasma in 2-4 weeks. In the case of athlete's foot - to prevent recurrence - and despite rapid subjective improvement, treatment should be continued for approx. 2 weeks after all symptoms have disappeared. After each washing, the feet should be dried thoroughly (between the toes).
If you use more of the medicine than you should
- You can continue the treatment with the prescribed dose. In the case of a short-term overdose, no impairments are to be expected.
If you forget to use the medicine
- Continue treatment as directed in the dosing guide (e.g. do not apply the cream more frequently or in larger amounts).
If you stop using the medicine
- Please note that a sufficiently long period of use of the drug is important in order to achieve complete healing and to avoid recurrence.
- Therefore, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking - e.g. B. because of occurring side effects - interrupt the treatment or end it prematurely!
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
CLODERM Cream, clotrimazole, fungal diseases way
- The medicine is applied thinly to the diseased skin areas and rubbed in.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
Possible side effects:
- Skin reactions (e.g. burning, stinging) can occur frequently.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
CLODERM Cream, clotrimazole, fungal diseases interactions
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
- Clotrimazole reduces the effectiveness of amphotericin and other polyene antibiotics (nystatin, natamycin).
CLODERM Cream, clotrimazole, fungal diseases Contraindications
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
pregnancy CLODERM Cream, clotrimazole, fungal diseases and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- As a precaution, clotrimazole should not be used in early pregnancy.
patient CLODERM Cream, clotrimazole, fungal diseases notes
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the product.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.