candida species treatment Cloderm Liquid 1%
pack size:30ml Dosage form:solution
Active substance: clotrimazole.
Areas of application:
Mycoses of the skin caused by dermatophytes, yeasts (e.g. Candida species), molds and others such as Malassezia furfur, e.g. B. mycoses of the feet, the skin and skin folds, bran lichen (pityriasis versicolor), superficial yeast infections (candidiasis).
For risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
active candida species treatment ingredients
- 10 mg clotrimazole
candida species treatment excipients
- 546 mg propylene glycol
Indication/ candida species treatment Application
- The preparation is a broad-spectrum antifungal.
- It is used in fungal infections of the skin caused by dermatophytes, yeasts (e.g. Candida species), molds and others such as Malassezia furfur and infections caused by Corynebacterium minutissimum.
- These can manifest as mycoses of the feet, mycoses of the skin and skin folds, pityriasis versicolor, erythrasma, and superficial candidiasis.
candida species treatment dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
- The solution is applied thinly to the diseased areas with the pipette 2 - 3 times a day.
duration of use
- Regular and sufficiently long use of the solution is important for the success of the treatment. The duration of treatment varies; it depends, among other things, on the extent and localization of the disease. In order to achieve complete healing, treatment with the solution should not be stopped after the acute inflammatory symptoms or the subjective complaints have subsided, but should be continued for at least 4 weeks.
- Pityriasis versicolor generally heals in 1-3 weeks. In the case of athlete's foot - to prevent recurrence - treatment should be continued for about 2 weeks after all symptoms have disappeared, despite rapid subjective improvement. After each washing, the feet should be dried thoroughly (between the toes).
If you use more than you should
- You can continue the treatment with the prescribed dose. In the case of a short-term overdose, no impairments are to be expected.
If you forgot the application
- Continue treatment as directed in the dosing guide (e.g. do not apply the solution more frequently or in larger amounts).
If you cancel the application
- Please note that it is important to use the drug for a sufficiently long time in order to achieve a complete recovery and to avoid recurrence.
- Therefore, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking - e.g. B. because of occurring side effects - interrupt the treatment or end it prematurely!
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
candida species treatment way
- The preparation is applied thinly to the diseased skin areas.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
possible side effects
- Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people) skin reactions (e.g. temporary redness, burning, stinging) can occur.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
candida species treatment interactions
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
- Clotrimazole reduces the effectiveness of amphotericin and other polyene antibiotics (nystatin, natamycin).
candida species treatment Contraindications
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- In case of hypersensitivity to any of the other ingredients of this medicine, it is advisable to use a dosage form that does not contain the other substances mentioned (e.g. a cream) instead of the solution.
- Not suitable for use in the ear canal.
pregnancy candida species treatment and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- As a precaution, clotrimazole should not be used in early pregnancy.
patient candida species treatment notes
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.