Esberitox ® mono drops upper respiratory tract infection
Herbal medicine for colds. Field of
application: for the supportive therapy of viral colds.
Contains 22% alcohol by volume, see package insert.
For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For the supportive treatment of frequently recurring infections in the respiratory tract.
Active ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops ingredients
- 640 mg purple coneflower juice (1-2: 1)
Auxiliary ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops materials
- Purified water
- Ethanol 96% (V / V)
Indication / ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops application
- The medicine is a herbal medicine for short-term use for the prevention and treatment of colds.
ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops dosage
- Always take the medicine exactly as directed. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the usual dose is:
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age take 4 ml drops 3 times a day.
- It is not intended for use by children under 12 years of age.
- There are insufficient data for specific dosage recommendations in the case of impaired kidney / liver function.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
How long should you take the medicine?
- The duration of use depends on the underlying disease. Treatment should be started as soon as possible after the symptoms appear and continued until they subside. However, the drops should not be taken for more than 10 days without a break.
If you take more medicine than you should:
- So far, no poisoning is known for preparations made from purple coneflower. In the event of an overdose, the symptoms listed under the "Side Effects" category may be more pronounced. The drug should then be discontinued and a doctor should be consulted.
If you forget to take the drops:
- Next time do not take a double dose, but continue taking as prescribed by your doctor or as described here.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicinal product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops way
- To take.
- Please take the drops in the morning, at noon and in the evening, preferably undiluted.
ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops Side effects
- Like all medicines, the medicine has side effects, but they do not necessarily affect everyone.
Possible side effects:
- Hypersensitivity reactions (rash, itching, shortness of breath, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, facial swelling / swelling of the skin and / or mucous membrane, bronchospasm with obstruction, asthma, anaphylactic shock) have been observed when medicinal products containing preparations made from purple coneflower herb are observed .
- Allergic reactions can be triggered in allergic patients.
- You may experience stomach and intestinal problems such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- The use of medicines with preparations made from purple coneflower has been associated with the occurrence of immune diseases.
- With long-term use (longer than 8 weeks) changes in the blood count (leukopenia, i.e. a reduction in the number of white blood cells) can occur.
- The frequency of side effects is not known.
- If you notice swelling of the face, mouth and / or throat or allergic reactions of the airways, stop taking the drug and seek medical advice immediately. This can decide on the severity and any necessary measures.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops Interactions
When taking other medicines:
- No drug interaction studies have been performed.
- No interactions have been reported when taking purple coneflower juice preparations with other medicinal products. The effect of other drugs can be impaired or increased due to the alcohol content.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops Contraindications
Do not take the medicine
- by children under one year old because the immune system is not yet fully developed.
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to purple coneflower, plants of the daisy family or any of the other ingredients.
For general reasons, the drops are not to be used for:
- progressive systemic diseases such as tuberculosis or a rare inflammatory disease (sarcoid),
- systemic diseases of the white blood cell system (e.g. leukemia or leukemia-like diseases),
- Autoimmune diseases such as B. inflammatory diseases of the connective tissue (collagenoses) or multiple sclerosis
- acquired immune deficiencies (AIDS / HIV infections),
- Immunosuppression (e.g. after organ or bone marrow transplantation, chemotherapy for cancer).
pregnancy ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops and breast feeding period
- Due to insufficient studies, the drug should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Patient ESBERITOX mono upper respiratory tract infection drops information
Take special care when taking the drug
- if symptoms persist for more than 10 days or if you experience shortness of breath, fever, purulent or bloody sputum. In these cases you should consult a doctor.
- if you are allergic. There may then be an increased risk of a severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock). First ask your doctor whether you can use the drops.
- Children under one year of age should not take the medicine.
- There are insufficient studies on the use in children under 12 years of age. It is therefore not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age. However, no specific risk has been documented for children over one year of age.
Driving and using machines:
- There are no special precautions required.