ESSENTIALE phospholipid from soybean
Essentiale ® capsule 300 mg
Pack size:250 pcs Dosage form:Hard capsules
active ingredient: phospholipids from soybeans.
Areas of application:
Improvement of the subjective symptoms, such as loss of appetite, feeling of pressure in the right upper abdomen in the case of liver damage from substances that are harmful to the liver, as well as from poor nutrition (toxic-nutritive liver damage) and chronic liver inflammation (hepatitis).
Warning: Contains soybean oil. Note leaflet!
For ESSENTIALE phospholipid from soybean information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH, 65926 Frankfurt am Main.
Essentiale ® capsule 300 mg
ESSENTIALE ®Capsule 300 mg is a herbal medicine with de-oiled, enriched phospholipids from soybeans, which is used to support liver diseases caused by substances harmful to the liver or poor diet. It is used to improve complaints such as loss of appetite or a feeling of pressure in the right upper abdomen.
ESSENTIALE ® supports the treatment of the following liver diseases:
• Chronic inflammation of the liver (hepatitis)
• Non-alcoholic fatty liver and alcoholic fatty liver
ESSENTIALE ® supports other therapeutic measures , for example a change in diet for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
The triple effect of ESSENTIALE ®:
• Regenerates damaged liver cells
• Strengthens the liver
• Protects the body by strengthening the body's own defense against toxins
The advantages of ESSENTIALE ® at a glance:
• Supports the health of the liver 1,2
• Supports liver regeneration in a natural way 5
• Very well tolerated, few side effects and interaction 7
Ingestion & ESSENTIALE phospholipid from soybean Dosage: Take 2 hard capsules 3 times a day with meals, whole with sufficient liquid. From 12 years. The use of this drug does not replace the avoidance of liver-damaging causes (e.g. poor diet, alcohol).
ESSENTIALE® - herbal help for the liver
The liver is our largest internal organ and the center of our metabolism. It takes on numerous tasks, such as detoxification, the production of proteins for blood clotting and immune defense, the production of bile, as well as fat and glucose absorption and storage.
The liver is a very robust organ and has the ability to regenerate itself in the event of severe damage. Liver damage can have different origins. Viruses, certain medications, excessive alcohol consumption, and a hypercaloric diet combined with little exercise can damage the liver and cause inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) or fatty liver. Non-alcoholic fatty liver (NAFLD) is now the most common liver disease in many countries. In Germany, the prevalence of NAFLD is 30 percent 8 . It often occurs as a result of poor nutrition and a sedentary lifestyle, especially in people with overweight, type 2 diabetes mellitus or metabolic syndrome.
ESSENTIALE ®helps relieve symptoms in liver disease. It works naturally with phospholipids from soybeans. Phospholipids are an essential part of cell membranes and are responsible for their stability and functionality. Free radicals can cause cell damage and thus also attack liver cells. The phospholipids extracted from soybeans in ESSENTIALE ® can stimulate cell division and repair damaged liver cells.
1. Dajani AI, Abu Hammour AM, Zakaria MA, et al. Essential phospholipids as a supportive adjunct in the management of patients with NAFLD. Arab J Gastroenterol. 2015; 16 (3 - 4): 99-104. | 2. Gundermann KJ, Kuenker A, Kuntz E, et al. Activity of essential phospholipids (EPL) from soybean in liver diseases. Pharmacological reports: PR. 2011; 63 (3): 643-659. | 3. Liver Health. British Liver Trust. Last accessed on [31 January, 2018]. Available from: https://www.britishlivertrust.org.uk/liver-information/. | 4. Demirbilek S, Karaman A, Gurunluoglu K, et al. Polyenylphosphatidylcholine pretreatment protects rat liver from ischemia / reperfusion injury. Hepatol Res. 2006; 34 (2): 84-91. | 5. Phosphatidylcholine Company Core Safety Information (CCSI) Sanofi Aventis. | 6. Martelli A, Mereto E, Ghia M. Protective effect of phosphatidylcholine on hepatic lipid peroxidation in rats. Med Sci Res. 1989; 17: 995-996. | 7. Current technical information Essentiale capsule 300 mg (as of May 2018) | 8. Roeb E, Steffen HM, Bantel H et al., S2k guideline for non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases. [S2k Guideline non-alcoholic fatty liver disease]. Z gastroenterol. 2015 Jul; 53 (7): 668-723.