FLAVAMED syrup, acute and chronic respiratory from 1 years children

Berlin-Chemie AG

Sale price £13.99 Regular price £20.00

Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

FLAVAMED syrup 100ml acute and chronic respiratory from 1 years children

  • Flavamed syrup Ambroksol action sekretolitycznym and mukokinetycznym. Syrup indicated in the treatment of respiratory tract - especially in bronchitis extending difficult expectoration of retained secretions.


FLAVAMED syrup, acute and chronic respiratory from 1 years children Composition


5 ml of syrup contains 15 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride


FLAVAMED syrup, acute and chronic respiratory from 1 years children Ingredients:


sorbitol, 70% non-crystallizing, benzoic acid, 85% glycerol, hydroxyethylcellulose, raspberry flavor, purified water.


Operation of Ambroxol, the active metabolite bromoheksyny.Exerts secretolytic and mukokinetyczne. It stimulates the secretion of surfactant in the alveoli and reduces its viscosity. Increases the activity of the ciliary epithelium of the respiratory secretion of serum and bronchial secretions by facilitating the transport of mucus in the airways. After oral administration, rapidly and completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, the maximum blood concentration reaches approximately 1-3 h. T 0.5 is 7-12 h. In 80-90% bound to plasma proteins. Metabolism in the liver. Excreted 85-90% in the urine as metabolites associated with glucuronide, the remaining 10% is excreted in faeces. In patients with severe renal excretion of ambroxol and its metabolites is significantly increased. Ambroxol crosses the placenta and breast milk, and to the cerebrospinal fluid.


Indications supportive agent in acute and chronic respiratory running with difficulty expectoration of thick secretion (acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis of different etiology, cystic fibrosis, emphysema , bronchial asthma, laryngitis, sinusitis, pre- and postoperative period, especially in the elderly, post-operative diagnostic bronchial tree).


Contraindications Hypersensitivity to the drug.Pregnant apply only in cases where the benefit to the mother justifies the potential risk to the fetus. Syrup is not used in patients who are intolerant of sorbitol and fructose (5 ml contains 1.75 g sorbitol). 30 mg Tablets is not given to children under 6 years of age Used with caution in patients with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers, renal impairment and / or severe hepatic insufficiency, bronchial asthma (preparation intensifies cough and causes excessive coughing), with impaired motor activity bronchial (possibility of stagnant mucus) during lactation.


Interactions administration of ambroxol preparations antitussives may lead to stagnation of secretions in the respiratory tract as a result of inhibition of the cough reflex, which can be especially dangerous at night. Ambroksol used in parallel with antibiotics (amoxicillin, cefuroxime, erythromycin, doxycycline) increases their concentration in the lung tissue and enhances their performance. Theophylline and ambroxol mutually intensify their actions.


Dosage FLAVAMED syrup, acute and chronic respiratory from 1 years children Syrup:


children 1-3 years of age 2.5 ml 2 times per day; 3-6 yrs 2.5 ml three times per day; 6-12 years of age 5 ml 2-3 times a day; Adults and children over 12 years of age 10 ml 2-3 times a day for 2-3 days, and then continued with 10 ml 2 times a day.


Note The product should be taken after a meal, the last dose take 1-2 hours before bedtime