GELASPON 1 hemostasis and wound care strip 8.5x4x1 cm
hemostasis and wound care Gelaspon® sponge is a sterile, absorbable gelatin sponge. It has a high suction capacity for blood and wound secretions. Gelaspon has a neutral pH value and is well tolerated by tissues.
Gelaspon® implants, GELASPON 1 hemostasis and wound care strip are resorbed in 2 to 3 weeks, as a wound dressing Gelaspon® dissolves in 2 to 3 days. The Gelaspon® sponge with the dimensions 8.5x4x1 cm is double sterile packed.
GELASPON 1 hemostasis and wound care strip High pumping speed
The Gelaspon® sponge made of 100% pig gelatine supports blood clotting with its fine-pored structure. It has a high suction capacity for blood and wound secretions. Our Gelaspon® sponge is used for local hemostasis, as a tamponade for surgical wounds, for the care of superficial wounds and for filling tissue defects during surgical interventions or tooth extractions.
RECOMMENDATIONS GELASPON 1 hemostasis and wound care strip FOR USE:
- The Gelaspon® sponge can be used dry and damp
- Gelaspon® can be cut to the size and shape of the wound with sterile scissors
- To fill tissue defects, an appropriate amount of Gelaspon® previously cut into pieces can be used
- For implantation, soak Gelaspon® with physiological saline solution before insertion and only squeeze it out lightly to avoid air inclusions.
During the implantation, Gelaspon® forms a gel after some time in connection with the wound secretion and becomes absorbable within 2 to 3 weeks
- Hemostasis: Put Gelaspon® on a sponge until the bleeding
stops - Do not use Gelaspon® that is not required after opening the packaging