hexetidine Hexoral ®
Pack size:200 ml Dosage form:solution
active ingredient: hexetidine.
Areas of application: For the temporary reduction of germ count in the mouth and throat and for the temporary supportive treatment of bacterial inflammation of the gums (in addition to mechanical cleaning) and the oral mucosa as well as after periodontal surgery in children from 2 years of age, adolescents and adults.
Warning: Contains eucalyptus oil, levomenthol and 5.4 vol% alcohol; Hexoral contains additional Azorubine.
For hexetidine information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Johnson & Johnson GmbH, 41470 Neuss.
HEXORAL hexetidine 0.1% solution
for inflammation in the oral cavity
• Helps within minutes
Has an antibacterial effect for up to 14 hours • Short gargling time Hexoral ® solution for inflammation of the
oral mucosa and gum inflammation in the mouth and throat are often very painful for the patient. The cause of the ailment is diverse and is often caused by injuries to the gums. These arise, for example, when wearing braces, during oral surgery or as a result of inadequate oral hygiene.
Balanced oral care and supportive, antibacterial treatment are important because it is acute inflammation. The additional fight against bacteria can reduce the risk of an infection progressing.
hexetidine Hexoral ® With a triple effect on inflammation in the mouth and throat:
(1) fights harmful bacteria and germs by inhibiting cell metabolism,
(2) helps to alleviate inflammation by reducing bacteria and germs and
(3) develops a local anesthetic effect that can help numb the pain.
Hexoral ® hexetidine contains the well-tolerated active ingredient hexetidine, which has been established for over 50 years in the treatment of bacterial inflammation of the oral mucosa and gums.
The advantages of the hexetidine Hexoral ® solution at a glance:
• In a matter of minutes: Usually helps after just 2 minutes.
• Long-lasting: Has an antibacterial effect for up to 14 hours.
• Comprehensive: Fights bacterial pathogens that cause infections in the mouth and throat, as well as fungi.
• Proven: Hexetidine has been a recognized active ingredient for treating gingivitis for over 50 years.
• Short gargling time: gargle or rinse twice a day for 30 seconds. When gargling and rinsing, Hexoral ® reaches large parts of the mouth and throat.
How to use hexetidine Hexoral ® solution correctly: For application, adults and children from 12 years of age rinse or gargle twice a day with 10-15 ml of the solution for 30 seconds. If necessary, the application can be increased to a maximum of 3 times a day. Hexoral ®Solution reaches large parts of the mouth and throat when gargling. After use, the solution is spit out and must not be swallowed.
In children from 2 to 12 years of age, the affected area should be dabbed morning and evening with a Hexoral ® soaked cotton swab.
Children from 2 to 6 years of age may only be treated with hexetidine after consulting a healthcare professional.
Hexoral ® is an oral and throat therapeutic agent.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor, dentist or pharmacist has discussed. Check with your doctor, dentist, or pharmacist if you are not sure.