kodan ® tincture Forte colorless
Pack size:250 ml Dosage form:tincture
100 g solution contain: Medicinally active ingredients: 2-propanol (Ph.Eur.) 45.0 g, 1-propanol (Ph.Eur.) 10.0 g, biphenyl-2-ol 0 , 20 g. Other ingredients: hydrogen peroxide solution 30% (Ph.Eur.),
Purified water - areas of application:
Skin disinfection before surgery, catheterization, blood and liquor sampling, injections, punctures, excisions, cannulations, biopsies, etc. For suturing. For hygienic hand disinfection. To support general hygienic measures in the context of the prevention of skin fungal diseases. The medicinally active components 2-propanol, 1-propanol and biphenyl-2-ol act against bacteria (including mycobacteria), fungi and many viruses. The effectiveness of kodan tincture forte colorless against viruses includes enveloped viruses * (classification "limited virucidal").
Contraindications: Do not use for surgical hand disinfection. Hypersensitivity to the active ingredients or to any of the other ingredients.
Side effects:Skin irritations such as redness, burning sensation and dryness can occur, especially with frequent use. Contact allergic reactions are possible in rare cases. If you notice other side effects than those described here, please inform your doctor or pharmacist.
KODAN tincture forte Special warnings and precautions for use:
For external use. Do not bring into contact with open flames or switched on electrical heat sources. Before applying bandages, allow kodan ® Tincture Forte to dry until it is colorless. Do not use the thermocautery until the areas of skin disinfected with kodan ® Tincture Forte colorless have dried off. In the event of accidental eye contact with kodan ®Immediately rinse tincture forte colorless with plenty of water for several minutes with the eyelid open. Due to the high alcohol content, kodan ® tincture forte colorless should not be used on premature babies and newborns with immature skin (eg limited skin barrier function). * Tested against test viruses BVDV (surrogate viruses for hepatitis C virus) and vaccinia virus. According to the current state of knowledge, the results allow conclusions to be drawn about the effectiveness against other enveloped viruses, e.g. hepatitis B virus, HIV virus.
Marketing Authorization Holder and Manufacturer: Schülke & Mayr GmbH, D-22840 Norderstedt, Tel. +49 40 52100-0, email@example.com
KODAN tincture forte Our plus
- Long-term effect over at least 24 hours
- Broad spectrum of antiseptic effects (bactericidal including mycobacteria and MRSA, fungicidal, limited virucidal including HIV, HBV, HCV, HSV)
- Very quick onset of action and very good skin tolerance
KODAN tincture forte application areas
- For preoperative skin antisepsis / postoperative suturing
- Before catheterizations, injections, blood withdrawals, punctures, excisions, cannulations and biopsies
- To support general hygienic measures in the context of the prevention of skin fungal diseases
- For hygienic hand disinfection
KODAN tincture forte Instructions for use
Before all invasive procedures
- Use kodan ® undiluted
- Spray the affected skin area or apply it with a soaked swab, ensure that the skin is completely wetted and observe the exposure times
- Absorb excess product to avoid puddles
KODAN tincture forte For preoperative skin antisepsis
- Mechanically shorten or chemically remove hair on the affected skin area
- Basic preoperative washing (eg with octenisan ® ) is recommended
- To avoid blurring skin markings, only use skin marking pens with sufficient alcohol resistance (e.g. Devon ™ Surgical Mini Marking Pen (REF 31146020), Sandel ® Time Out ® Skin Marker (REF 1019/1019-R))