Lamisil Once solution, Terbinafine
Pack size:4 g Dosage form:solution
LAMISIL Once solution Active ingredient: Terbinafine.
LAMISIL Once solution Application:
For the treatment of tinea pedis (athlete's foot)
avoid contact with eyes.
Note: Contains alcohol. Avoid naked flames.
With Lamisli Once you only need a single application for the treatment of athlete's foot (tinea pedia). Thanks to a new, patented processing, the one percent solution forms a film on the skin and thus creates a reservoir of active ingredients. The active ingredient (terbinafine) is continuously released into the infected area over four days. During this time it accumulates in the skin and is effective in the affected skin layers for up to 13 days.
LAMISIL Once solution Terbinafine For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For single treatment of athlete's foot
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine Active ingredients
- 11.25 mg terbinafine hydrochloride
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine Auxiliary materials
- Poly (acrylamide-co-isooctyl acrylate) (x: y)
- Triglycerides, medium chain
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine Indication / application
- The preparation treats tinea pedis (athlete's foot) with a single application.
- The medicine works by killing the fungus that causes tinea pedis (athlete's foot). After using it on the feet, a thin, colorless film remains on the skin. The film releases the medicinally effective component for the treatment of tinea pedis (athlete's foot) on the skin.
- How to tell if you have tinea pedis (athlete's foot)
- Tinea pedis (athlete's foot) only occurs on the feet. It often starts between the toes, but it can also spread to the soles of the feet and the edges of the feet.
- The most common form of tinea pedis (athlete's foot) causes cracking or flaking of the skin. However, slight swellings, blisters or weeping skin wounds are also possible. This can often be accompanied by itching or a burning sensation.
- If you are not sure whether your symptoms are really caused by tinea pedis (athlete's foot), please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the product.
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as directed or as your doctor has told you. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- It is recommended to apply the gel once as indicated below.
- Frequency and duration of use
- Apply only once. Do not apply the preparation a second time.
- The medicine will immediately start killing the fungus. The film that forms causes the active ingredient to penetrate your skin, where it remains effective for several days.
- Your skin condition should improve after a few days, but it can take up to 4 weeks for your skin to heal completely.
- If you do not see any signs of improvement within 1 week of using the preparation, please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use the medicine a second time as part of your current athlete's foot disease if the medicine has not worked for you after the first use.
- The medicine should be used on both feet, even if there are only visible signs of athlete's foot on one foot. This is to ensure that the fungus is completely eliminated: the fungus could be present on other parts of the foot even if there are no visible signs.
- After use on the feet, the medicine dries quickly and forms a colorless film.
- The preparation releases the active ingredient into the skin, where it remains for a few days to kill the fungus that causes athlete's foot. For the best possible treatment success, do not wash or moisten your feet for 24 hours after use.
- What to do if the medicine is accidentally swallowed
- Let your doctor know. He will tell you what to do.
- What to do if the product accidentally comes into contact with the face or eyes?
- Wash your face or rinse your eyes thoroughly with running water.
- Contact your doctor if you continue to have symptoms.
- If you have any further questions about the use of the product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine way
- The preparation is preferably applied after a shower or bath.
- Only use the medicine once.
- Wash both feet and dry them carefully.
- Wash your hands and dry them off.
- Apply the medicine to both feet. Use approximately half the amount of tube for each foot, as necessary to cover the skin. Finish treating the first foot before treating the second foot.
- Apply the medicine to both feet with your fingers. Spread it evenly on the skin between, under and on all toes. Then apply to the sole and the edge of the foot.
- Do not rub or massage the medicine.
- Treat each foot the same way, even if the skin looks healthy. This is to help you get rid of the fungus completely - the fungus could be on the other foot even if there are no visible signs of it.
- Let the medicine dry into a film for 1-2 minutes before putting on your socks and shoes.
- Wash your hands with warm soap and water after use.
- Do not wash or wet your feet for 24 hours after using the medicine. After careful washing, the feet should be gently patted dry.
- Do not apply the preparation a second time.
- What can you do to help?
- After the first 24 hours (after starting treatment), keep the affected areas clean by washing regularly. Carefully dry the skin without rubbing. Even if it itches, try not to scratch as this could cause additional injury and slow the healing process or encourage the infection to spread.
- Use your own towel and wear your own clothes without sharing them, as athlete's foot is easily transmitted. To protect yourself from re-infection, wash towels and clothes frequently.
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine Side effects
- Like all medicines, the preparation can cause side effects, although not every patient will experience them.
- Some people are allergic to the medicine. This can lead to swelling and pain, a rash, or hives. This has been reported very rarely (up to 1 in 10,000 people)
- If an allergic reaction occurs or any of the above symptoms occur while using this medicine, remove the film with alcohol (alcohol for disinfection; available in pharmacies), wash your feet with warm water and soap, rinse and dry your feet Feet off and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- The following side effects have also been reported
- Uncommon (up to 1 in 100 people)
- Side effects at the application site, such as dry skin, skin irritation or a burning sensation. Usually these are mild and temporary.
- Uncommon (up to 1 in 100 people)
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you get serious about any of the side effects listed, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed.
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine Interactions
- When using the preparation with other drugs:
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using or have recently taken / used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Do not use any other medicines (including medicines obtained without a prescription) on the foot during treatment with the medicine. Do not do any other treatments on your feet.
- The drug must not be used
- if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to terbinafine or any of the other ingredients of the preparation.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if this happens to you and do not use the medicine.
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, or intend to have children.
- The medicine should not be used during pregnancy unless clearly necessary.
- The preparation must not be used during breastfeeding. Infants should not come into contact with treated skin, including the breast.
LAMISIL Once Terbinafine Patient information
- Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the medicine.
- If you have a long-standing fungal infection of the soles of the feet and heels with thickened and / or flaky skin, you should not use this medicine. If you think you may have this condition you should see your doctor as you may need another medicine.
- The preparation is intended for external use only. It should not be used in the mouth and should not be swallowed.
- Avoid contact of the solution with the face, eyes, or damaged skin. If the solution accidentally comes into contact with the eyes, rinse them carefully under running water. If the symptoms persist, you should see your doctor.
- Children and adolescents
- Children and adolescents under 18 years of age should not use the preparation.
- Driving and using machines
- The use of the drug has no influence on the ability to drive and use machines.