Loceryl ® nail polish against nail fungus DIRECT application
LOCERYL nail lacquer Active ingredient: Amorolfin (amorolfine)
Indications for use: Treatment of onychomycosis without involving the matrix.
For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Galderma Laboratorium GmbH, 40211 Düsseldorf Treating
nail fungus with Loceryl ® nail varnish against nail fungus
Loceryl ® nail varnish is a medicine against nail fungus1 with the active ingredient amorolfine. It offers those affected an effective, simple and cosmetic aesthetic therapy to treat nail fungus. Thanks to its effective long-term effect, Loceryl ®Nail polish can only be applied once a week. It penetrates deep into the nail just a few hours after the first application to combat infectious fungal cells. In contrast to water-soluble products that can be used daily, Loceryl ® only needs to be applied once a week. And best of all: Loceryl ® nail polish is also effective under cosmetic nail polish2 - for more attractive nails.
Advantages of Loceryl nail polish against nail fungus
• Only once a week: With Loceryl ® against nail fungus no annoying daily brushing is necessary! The nail polish only needs to be used once a week.
• Depth effect:The active ingredient penetrates deep into the nail and fights the fungus in and under the nail plate.
• Broad spectrum of activity: Fights all relevant nail fungus pathogens.
• Cost-effective: a bottle of Loceryl ® nail polish 2.5 ml lasts approx. 10 months. This means that Loceryl ® is cheaper than water-soluble, daily-use products over the duration of the therapy.
• Can be overpainted: Do you feel more comfortable with colored overpainted nails? No problem! Because Loceryl ® also works under cosmetic nail polish.2 Your nail remains protected from unpleasant looks, while Loceryl ® nail polish works effectively.
•No peeling of the nail: With a nail fungus treatment with Loceryl ® , the nail does not peel off, but grows back healthy again.
• Waterproof: No lifestyle restrictions necessary. Bathing, swimming and showering are still possible without any problems.
• Easy to use: easy and convenient to use thanks to the DIREKT applicator.
How does Loceryl ® nail polish work?
Loceryl ®contains the active ingredient amorolfine. This quickly penetrates the nail and penetrates it deep into the nail bed. As a result, the antifungal (fungicidal) effect lasts for a particularly long time and the nail only needs to be treated once a week (and not daily). Amorolfine prevents the fungi from growing and kills them. The active ingredient is a broad-acting antifungal agent and covers all relevant nail fungus pathogens. The nail fungus is combated effectively. Compared to other treatment methods, the nail is not peeled off with Loceryl ® nail polish, but can grow out healthily.
Recommended use: Treat nail fungus properly
Nail fungus does not heal by itself. Without treatment, the fungus can spread to other nails or areas of skin and infect other people. It is therefore particularly important to treat it early on.
Start your very first treatment with Loceryl ® by first filing the diseased nail parts with a disposable nail file. In this way, infected nail material is removed before the treatment. Then clean thoroughly and apply Loceryl ® nail polish with the DIREKT applicator. From now on, simply continue using the medical nail polish once a week until the nail has grown out completely healthy again.
Tip:The affected nail only needs to be filed down before the first application. This is no longer necessary for all other applications. However, you can file them if necessary, for example if the nail plate is thickened by the nail fungus.
Can you support the treatment of nail fungus?
Yes, you can accelerate the healing success of Loceryl ® nail polish against nail fungus and prevent relapses by taking small everyday measures :
• In the case of a fungal infection, towels, washcloths and socks should be washed as often as possible and at at least 60 degrees.
• You should never walk barefoot in public wet areas.
• You should also ensure that your feet have good blood circulation, for example through foot exercises.
• Wash your feet daily and make sure to dry them carefully afterwards, including the spaces between the toes.
• Since fungi can penetrate the skin particularly well through cracked areas of the house, you should always moisturize and care for your feet.
What does nail fungus actually look like?
Nail fungus is most likely to be recognized by discoloration and changes in the nail. White, yellow or gray-brown spots form on the nail, which are often oblong or semicircular. Later the nail can thicken, it can become brittle or crumbly and, as the disease progresses, it can even become detached from the nail bed completely. The fungal disease usually begins at the edge of the nail and progresses towards the nail root. The fungi feed on the keratin in the nails and skin. That is why the nail bed is often also affected. Toenail fungus is much more common than nail fungus on the hand. The big toes and fifth toenail are most commonly affected on the foot. The risk of infection increases from the age of 40, and almost every second person over 60 suffers from nail fungus. Men are affected more frequently than women.
How does a nail fungus infestation come about?
Normally, healthy nails have their own protective barrier against fungal pathogens. But even the smallest injuries can lead to fungi nestling in the nail area and multiplying there. The so-called thread fungus is the main cause of nail fungus with over 80%. Skin and nail fungus are contagious diseases and are transmitted both through contact with infected people and through contact with infected objects. There is a particular risk of infection in changing rooms, wet areas of sports facilities, fitness studios, swimming pools and hotels. Everywhere you can prevent infection by not walking barefoot. Circulatory disorders and a weakened immune system can also increase the risk of infection.
Nail fungus and athlete's foot like to occur together.
Nail fungus is often accompanied by athlete's foot because both diseases have the same pathogen. And just as the nail fungus can spread to the skin of the feet, athlete's foot can spread to the nails (ping-pong effect). So if symptoms of athlete's foot also occur, it can make sense to supplement the nail fungus therapy with a treatment of the skin on the feet.
Tip: For example, the "Loceryl ® Creme" can be used to treat athlete's foot and skin.
1) Without matrix contamination
2) Apply cosmetic nail polish according to Loceryl ® nail polish (allow to dry for 10 min). Before applying Loceryl ® againNail polish, the cosmetic nail polish should be carefully removed.