Maaloxan ® 25 mVal Suspension
Active ingredients: Algeldrat, magnesium hydroxide.
Anw.-Geb .: For symptomat. Treat. of diseases in which the stomach acid needs to be bound: heartburn, acid-related stomach problems, stomach or duodenal ulcers.
Notes: Do not use in children under 12 years of age. Have complaints that persist for more than 2 weeks clinically clarified. Other drugs should always be taken at least 2 hours before or after taking Maaloxan chewable tablets.
Sorbitol, peppermint oil, methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate and propyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (parabens). Pharmacy only.
MAALOXAN suspension Sanofi For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH, 65926 Frankfurt am Main.
Maaloxan ® 25 mVal suspension, oral suspension, 10 x 10 ml, with Algeldrat and magnesium hydroxide, for heartburn and acid-related stomach complaints
A burning sensation in the upper abdomen and chest, acid belching, stomach pressure and stomach pain: those affected know it well: heartburn! This is where Maaloxan ® 25 mVal Liquid helps - your acute aid with active stomach protection.
Maaloxan ® 25 mVal Liquid helps with:
• Acid-related stomach problems
• Gastric or duodenal ulcers
Relaxed in the stomach - relaxed throughout the day.
Often heartburn occurs after eating. Even at night, the sour feeling in the throat can deprive those affected of sleep, because the stomach acid rises even more easily into the esophagus when lying down. No matter what type of heartburn you are: Maaloxan ® has proven itself in heartburn and acid-related stomach complaints thanks to its multiple effects: Magnesium hydroxide binds excess stomach acid and so relieves the burning pain. Algeldrat covers the sensitive mucous membrane like a protective film and supports self-healing.
• Pleasant cream and caramel taste
• In a practical sachet
• Can be taken without water - an ideal travel companion
Knead the bag vigorously before use and then tear it open at the marked point. Either pour the contents of the bag onto a spoon and then swallow undiluted or empty directly from the bag into your mouth.
Dosage (symptomatic treatment of heartburn and acid-related stomach
problems ): If necessary, take a Maaloxan 25 mVal Liquid several times a day. The daily dose should not exceed 4-6 Maaloxan Liquid per day.
If the symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks during treatment, a doctor should be consulted.
Possible causes of heartburn
There can be different reasons for stomach acid flowing back into the esophagus:
• The stomach produces too much stomach acid: The rising stomach acid can attack the lining of the esophagus unhindered.
• Weakening of the esophageal sphincter: Usually the sphincter prevents acidic stomach contents from rising towards the esophagus. If it is weakened, the stomach acid has a free way to the top.
• Reduced self-cleaning power of the esophagus: There are muscle cells in the wall of the esophagus which, through a wave-like movement (peristalsis), immediately transports stomach acid back down into the stomach. This self-cleaning function can be disturbed, so that acidic stomach contents can rise more easily.
• Diaphragmatic hernia: A diaphragmatic hernia can affect the function of the esophageal sphincter muscle. The "hiatus hernia" known in the technical jargon often occurs in older people (from around 50).
Occasional heartburn is usually harmless and can be combated with suitable over-the-counter drugs from the pharmacy, such as Maaloxan ® . However, persistent heartburn should be examined by a doctor.
1. Eat several smaller meals a day than large, high-fat, high-sugar meals.
2. In the evening you should eat less in terms of quantity, rather switch to light food and not eat too late.
3. Take the time to eat, sit down, chew slowly, and set aside anything that might distract you.
4. Avoid acid looseners, such as spicy, heavily fried and high-fat foods, smoked foods, tomatoes, coffee, cola, and sweets. Alcohol and nicotine can also promote heartburn.
5. Avoid constant stress. Try to take breaks, introduce relaxing rituals and, most importantly, enjoy free time. No matter what you do, it is important that you can switch off and not be under constant power!
6. Elevate the upper body at night to avoid heartburn at night. This usually occurs after a late, large meal.
7. Get regular exercise or exercise. Being overweight can lead to heartburn.