MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency
Magnesiocard Forte 10 mmol powder
Active ingredient: Magnesium aspartate hydrochloride.
Areas of application:
Proven magnesium deficiency if it is the cause of muscle disorders (neuromuscular disorders, calf cramps).
For treatment of magnesium deficiency.
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency Active ingredients
- 2458.99 mg magnesium aspartate hydrochloride-3-water
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency Auxiliary materials
- Citric acid
- Macrogol 6000
- Sodium cyclamate
- Sodium saccharine
- Silica, finely divided
- Grapefruit flavor
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency Indication / application
- The drug is a mineral preparation.
- for the treatment of magnesium deficiency in need of therapy that do not require injection / infusion;
- in the case of proven magnesium deficiency, if it is the cause of muscle disorders (neuromuscular disorders, calf cramps).
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency dosage
- Always take the medicine exactly as instructed in this leaflet. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The recommended average daily amount is 0.185 mmol of magnesium (4.5 mg) per kg of body weight.
- In chronic and severe acute magnesium deficiency states, the daily dose can, if there are no contraindications, be safely increased to 0.37 mmol magnesium (9 mg) per kg body weight until the deficiency is eliminated.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the usual dose is:
Adults and adolescents over 14 years:
- 1 sachet 1-2 times a day (equivalent to 243.0-486.0 mg magnesium)
Children from 4 years:
- should receive lower-dose dosage forms.
- Adults and adolescents over 14 years:
Duration of application
- The medicine should be taken daily for at least 4 weeks. Long-term therapy (for years) is also harmless if the kidneys are functioning normally, as excess magnesium is excreted through the kidneys.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- the specified side effects may occur more intensely.
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency way
- Please stir the contents of one sachet in half a glass of water, tea or fruit juice and drink the contents of the glass completely.
- The medicine should be taken before meals as it improves absorption from the gastrointestinal tract into the bloodstream.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The frequency of side effects is based on the following categories:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: less than 1 in 10,000 patients treated
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
- Occasionally, loose stools can occur, which are harmless. They can be the result of high-dose magnesium treatment. Rarely, symptoms of fatigue can occur with high-dose and long-term use of the preparation. This can be an indication that an increased magnesium concentration in the blood has already been reached.
- If bothersome diarrhea occurs, the daily dose should be reduced.
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if any of the listed side effects gets serious, or if you notice side effects that are not listed.
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency Interactions
When taking with other medicines
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using or have recently taken / used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- The effect of the medicinal products or groups of medicinal products listed below can be influenced by simultaneous treatment with this medicinal product.
- Certain antibiotics (tetracyclines) and sodium fluoride preparations should be taken 3-4 hours apart from this drug in order to avoid mutual impairment of blood absorption.
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency Contraindications
Do not take the medicine
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to magnesium aspartate hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients.
- if you suffer from severe kidney dysfunction with elimination inhibition or lack of fluid in the body or if you have a tendency to infection stones (calcium-magnesium-ammonium phosphate stones).
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- The drug can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency Patient information
Take special care when taking the drug
- if you have impaired kidney function; then you should consult your doctor before taking.
- Children under 14 years of age should receive lower-dose dosage forms, but children under 4 years of age only after consulting a doctor, as there is not yet sufficient experience for this age group.
Driving and using machines:
- There are no special precautions required.
MAGNESIOCARD forte magnesium deficiency miscellaneous
- With a progressive decrease in kidney function, a reduced excretion of magnesium must be expected with creatinine in the serum above 500 mol / l (6 mg per 100 ml). The value in the serum usually does not rise above 1.3 mmol of magnesium.