Metabolic acidosis treatment ACETOLYT granules
pack size:300g Dosage form:granules
Granules for the preparation of a suspension for oral use
Active Metabolic acidosis treatment ingredient
Calcium sodium hydrogen citrate
For the treatment of metabolic acidosis of the blood (metabolic acidosis) and for maintenance therapy against recurrence of metabolic acidosis.
Metabolic acidosis treatment Note:
Patients with a blood pH below 7.2 require intensive medical care to correct acidosis.
Note Contains a sodium compound.
For the treatment and prevention of metabolic acidosis.
- 2500 mg calcium sodium hydrogen citrate (6:6:3:7)
- The drug is an acidosis therapeutic.
- For the treatment of metabolic acidosis in the blood (metabolic acidosis) and for maintenance therapy against the recurrence of metabolic acidosis in adults.
- In patients with a blood pH below 7.2, intensive care measures must be initiated to correct acidosis.
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
Start of therapy:
- Until normalization (generally for 3 - 5 days) daily 2 to a maximum of 3 times 2 doses of the medicinal product (equivalent to 10 - 15 g calcium sodium hydrogen citrate 6:6:3:7)
- 1 dose of the drug twice a day (corresponds to 5 g of calcium sodium hydrogen citrate 6:6:3:7). In milder cases, even lower doses, 1 dose of the drug once a day (equivalent to 2.5 g calcium-sodium hydrogen citrate 6:6:3:7), may be sufficient.
- Start of therapy:
- The doctor decides on the duration of the application.
- Do not take the preparation without medical advice, as the acidity of your blood should be determined first.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should:
- Please speak to your doctor about this, who will treat any metabolic alkalosis that may occur in the event of an overdose accordingly.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose, but continue as planned.
If you stop taking it
- Before you stop taking the preparation, be sure to talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you have any further questions on taking the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- After stirring with a teaspoon, the granules give a milky-looking liquid with a glass of cold or warm water, which you then drink in sips within 30 minutes, preferably after meals.
- If there is any sediment, please stir it with a little water and drink it in sips.
- Like all medicines, this can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Significant side effects or signs to look out for
- Were not observed until the creation of this overview.
Other possible side effects
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- Gastrointestinal complaints (nausea, nausea, diarrhea)
- In individual cases, dizziness, an increase in blood pressure and an increase in the serum calcium level can occur.
- Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Taking with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
- If digitalis is taken at the same time, it should be noted that the average daily dose of the preparation (10 g granules) contains approx. 1.4 g (34 mmol) calcium (intensification of the digitalis effect).
- The alkalizing effect can be enhanced by the simultaneous administration of vitamin D.
- Citrate can increase the absorption of aluminum. The intake of the medicinal product is therefore to be avoided, particularly in patients with increased aluminum exposure, from the intake of aluminum-containing medicines, e.g. e.g. medicines to treat hyperacidity in the stomach (antacids), phosphate binders, at different times.
The drug must not be taken
- if you are allergic to the active substance
- if you suffer from a metabolism-related alkalization of the blood (metabolic alkalosis).
- if you have high serum calcium levels (hypercalcaemia).
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
- So far there is no or only very limited experience with the use of calcium sodium hydrogen citrate 6:6:3:7 in pregnant women.
- As a precautionary measure, use of the preparation should be avoided during pregnancy.
- It is not known whether calcium sodium hydrogen citrate (6:6:3:7) / metabolites are excreted in human milk. A risk for the newborn / child cannot be excluded.
- There are no data on effects on male and female fertility.
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
- Particular caution is required when taking the preparation if you do not know whether you have a contraindication for a specific cation (e.g. sodium) or anion is present. This is particularly the case with elimination disorders, renal insufficiency, failure of urinary excretion (anuria) and dehydration of the body with severe fluid loss (exsiccosis).
children and young people
- There is no experience with the treatment of children and adolescents. Therefore, use in children and adolescents is not recommended.
Driving and using machines
- The drug has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines.