Mucofalk® Orange Dose Granulate, psyllium husks
Active ingredient: Indian psyllium husks, ground
Psyllium husks Areas of application:
- Chronic constipation (constipation)
- Diseases in which easier emptying of the bowels with soft stools is desired, e.g. tears in the anal mucous membrane (anal fissures), hemorrhoids, after surgery in the rectal area
- Supportive treatment for diarrhea of various causes
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Active ingredient: Psyllium husks, Indian
Regulates digestion gently, naturally and sustainably.
active MUCOFALK Orange Granules for oral suspension 300 g psyllium husks ingredients
- 3250 mg psyllium husks, Indian
MUCOFALK Orange Granules for oral suspension 300 g psyllium husks excipients
- orange flavor
- sodium alginate
- Sodium saccharine
- sodium chloride
- Sodium citrate-2 water
- 500 mg sucrose
- citric acid
indication MUCOFALK Orange Granules for oral suspension 300 g psyllium husks
- The drug contains Indian psyllium husks (ground) as an active ingredient, a vegetable swelling agent for stool regulation.
It is applied to:
- prolonged (chronic) constipation (constipation)
- Diseases in which easier defecation with soft stools is sought, e.g. B. tears in the mucous membrane of the anus (anal fissures), haemorrhoids, painful defecation after surgical interventions in the rectum area
- Diarrhea of various causes for supportive treatment
- Diseases in which an increase in daily fiber intake is desired, e.g. B. supportive in irritable bowel syndrome, when the constipation is in the foreground
MUCOFALK Orange Granules for oral suspension 300 g psyllium husks dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Application in children
- Since there is insufficient experience, you should not use the preparation in children under 12 years of age.
The recommended dose is
for the treatment of chronic constipation and diseases in which easier bowel emptying with soft stools is desired (e.g. tears in the mucous membrane of the anus, haemorrhoids):
- Adults and adolescents from the age of 12 take the contents of one sachet 2 to 3 times a day after stirring in plenty of liquid (at least 150 ml).
for supportive treatment of diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome:
- Adults and adolescents from the age of 12 take the contents of one sachet 2 to 6 times a day after stirring in plenty of liquid (at least 150 ml).
- for the treatment of chronic constipation and diseases in which easier bowel emptying with soft stools is desired (e.g. tears in the mucous membrane of the anus, haemorrhoids):
duration of use
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist if your constipation does not clear up within 3 days or your diarrhea does not clear up within 2 days. Please also note the further information in the "Patient information" category.
If you take more than you should
- Even if you have taken several servings at the same time, overdose symptoms are generally not to be expected.
- However, if the dosage is too high, symptoms such as abdominal pain, flatulence and a feeling of fullness can be aggravated. There may be an intestinal obstruction.
- First, drink plenty of fluids and consult a doctor. He will decide whether countermeasures are necessary.
If you forget to take a dose
- If you miss a dose, please continue the treatment as recommended in the dosage instructions without increasing the dose. If in doubt, please ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
If you stop taking it
- If you interrupt or end the treatment prematurely, you must expect that the preparation will not work as desired or that your symptoms will worsen again. If you are taking this medicine on the advice of a doctor, please consult your doctor before stopping treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
way MUCOFALK Orange Granules for oral suspension 300 g psyllium husks
- Never take the medicine dry, as this can block the throat, airways or esophagus.
- Pour the contents of one sachet into a glass.
- Slowly fill the glass with water, fruit juice or similar liquid (at least 150 ml).
- Stir quickly with a spoon. Make sure that no lumps form and drink the liquid prepared in this way immediately.
- Drink another glass of liquid.
- Do not take the medicine lying down or just before going to bed!
- The effect usually sets in 12 to 24 hours after ingestion.
- Take the supplement at least 1/2 to 1 hour before or after taking other medicines during the day.
- Please also note the warnings and precautions for use as well as the notes on taking with other medicines in the "Patient information" category.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Gas and bloating may occur, but this generally subsides with continued treatment.
- Bloating and hard stools can occur, especially with insufficient fluid intake, and there is a risk of intestinal obstruction and blockage of the esophagus.
- Psyllium husks contain substances that can cause hypersensitivity reactions after oral ingestion of the drug or through skin contact with the drug. Symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions can include runny nose, red eyes, difficulty breathing, skin reactions, itching and in some cases anaphylactic shock (sudden generalized allergic reaction that can lead to a life-threatening shock reaction).
- The frequency of these side effects is not known.
- At the first sign of a hypersensitivity reaction, the preparation should not be taken again.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
MUCOFALK Orange Granules for oral suspension 300 g psyllium husks interactions
Taking with other medicines
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
- Please note that this information may also apply to recently used medicines.
If you are taking the following medicines at the same time, their absorption into the blood may be delayed:
- Vitamins (vitamin B12)
- Medicines for heart failure (cardiac glycosides)
- Medicines that inhibit blood clotting (coumarin derivatives)
- Medicines for epilepsy (carbamazepine) or for depression (lithium)
- You should always leave a gap of about 1/2 to 1 hour between taking this and other medicines.
The following medicines should only be taken under medical supervision if you are also taking this product:
- Medicines that inhibit natural bowel movement (e.g. loperamide, opiates) as bowel obstruction may occur.
- Thyroid hormones, as a weakening of the effect of thyroid hormones can occur even if they are not taken at the same time as this medicine. Please speak to your doctor as the dose of thyroid hormone may need to be adjusted.
- If you are diabetic, you should only take the preparation under medical supervision, as the antidiabetic treatment may need to be adjusted.
Take with food and drink
- No special precautions are necessary. However, always take this medicine with an adequate amount of liquid - at least 150 ml of water, fruit juice or similar liquid.
DO NOT take the medicine if you
- are allergic to psyllium (plantago, psyllium) or any of the other ingredients of this medicine,
- experience a sudden change in your bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- not having a bowel movement after taking a laxative
- have difficulty swallowing or other throat and throat problems,
- notice blood in the stool without clarifying the cause,
- have a pathological narrowing of the gastrointestinal tract,
- have a disease of the esophagus or the entrance to the stomach,
- suffer from imminent or existing intestinal obstruction (ileus), intestinal paralysis or pathological enlargement of the large intestine (megacolon syndrome).
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Use during pregnancy and lactation can be considered if necessary and dietary changes are unsuccessful. Laxative bulking agents should be used before other laxatives are used.
patient MUCOFALK Orange Granules for oral suspension 300 g psyllium husks notes
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking, especially if you are under
- Constipation with unclear abdominal symptoms, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms can indicate an imminent or existing intestinal obstruction. In this case, you must not take the preparation.
- Take each single dose with a glass of water (at least 150 ml), fruit juice or similar liquid.
- If you take the preparation without enough liquid, the medicine can swell up in the throat and block it or the esophagus. This can lead to an attack of choking or an intestinal blockage.
- Contact a doctor immediately if you experience chest pain, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, or difficulty breathing after ingestion.
- If constipation persists and irregular bowel movements for more than 3 days or if diarrhea lasts longer than 2 days or is accompanied by blood or a rise in temperature, please consult your doctor.
- In the case of diarrheal diseases, replacement of fluid and salts (electrolytes) must be considered as the most important treatment measure.
If you are taking the product to treat chronic constipation and you
- If you experience abdominal pain or irregular stools, you should stop taking the medicine and consult a doctor.
- Treatment of debilitated or elderly patients should be monitored appropriately.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking, especially if you are under
Ability to drive and use machines
- The medicine has no influence on the ability to drive and use machines.