MUTAFLOR ® is an agent for the treatment of intestinal diseases.
MUTAFLOR suspension Active ingredient:
Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917
MUTAFLOR suspension Areas of application:
Diarrhea in babies, toddlers and children; Diarrhea in infants, toddlers, and tube-fed children; Colonization prophylaxis in premature and full term infants; Increase in postnatal immune competence in premature and full term infants
MUTAFLOR suspension Warning:
Shake before use.
Store at 2 ° C to 8 ° C (in the refrigerator)!
For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist!
- 100000000 germs Escherichia coli; Trunk Nissle 1917
- water, purified
- sodium chloride
- potassium chloride
- Magnesium Sulfate-7 Water
- calcium chloride-2 water
- Magnesium chloride-6 water
- Sodium hydroxide for pH adjustment
Substance group and mode of action:
- The drug is used to treat diarrhea in infants, toddlers and children. In addition, it promotes the development of the body's own defenses. The bacterium E. coli strain Nissle 1917 contained as an active ingredient acts in the intestine against pathogenic microorganisms and prevents them from settling (colonization prophylaxis).
- In addition, the E. coli strain Nissle 1917 releases substances into the intestine that strengthen the intestinal mucosa and support it in its natural function.
The medicine is used for:
- Diarrhea in infants, toddlers and children
- Diarrhea in infants, young children, and tube-fed children
- To prevent harmful germs from settling in the intestines of premature and full-term babies (colonization prophylaxis)
- To increase the body's own defenses in premature and full-term babies
- Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
In case of diarrhea:
- Babies, toddlers and children: 1 - 3 x 1 ml per day
Diarrhea with tube feeding:
- Infants, toddlers and children: 1 x 5 ml per day
To prevent harmful germs from settling in the intestine (colonization prophylaxis):
- Premature and term babies: 1 x 1 ml per day
To increase the body's defenses:
- Premature and term babies: 1st week of life 1 x 1 ml per day; 2nd - 3rd week 1 ml per day 3 times a week
- In case of diarrhea:
- The recommended dose is:
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
Duration of use:
- up to 5 days
Diarrhea; existing for a long time:
- up to 15 days
Diarrhea with tube feeding:
- up to 5 days per diarrhea period
- The treatment should be continued for a few days after the onset of treatment success.
- at least 5 days
Strengthening of the body's defences:
- 1st - 3- week of life
- Diarrhea; acute:
What to do if you give your child more than you should
- No special measures are required even if excessive amounts are taken.
What do you have to consider if you have administered too little or forgotten to take a dose?
- Do not apply the double amount if you have forgotten the previous application.
- The intake should be continued while maintaining the previous dosage - regardless of the missed intake.
If you stop taking it?
- No precautions are necessary here.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- The suspension can be dripped directly into the mouth, in infants before drinking, in small children after a meal.
- For more information, see the instructions for use!
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- very common: more than 1 in 10 people treated
- Common: less than 1 in 10 but more than 1 in 100 people treated
- uncommon: less than 1 in 100 but more than 1 in 1,000 people treated
- rare: less than 1 in 1,000 but more than 1 in 10,000 people treated
- very rare: less than 1 in 10,000 people treated, or unknown
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
- Flatulence occurs very rarely at the beginning of the intake. Adverse effects in the gastrointestinal tract such as abdominal pain, diarrhea or vomiting have also been reported very rarely.
- Furthermore, hives or allergic reactions can also occur in very rare cases.
- Sepsis has been observed occasionally in very premature infants. The frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the listed side effects gets serious for your child, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed.
What countermeasures should be taken in the event of side effects?
- If flatulence occurs at the beginning of therapy, the daily dose should not be given all at once, but distributed evenly throughout the day, with meals.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
When taken with other medicines:
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if your child is taking/using any other medicines, has recently taken/used any other medicines or intends to use any other medicines in your child.
- Certain antibiotics and sulfonamides can make this medicine less effective. Therefore, please tell your doctor or pharmacist which antibiotics or sulphonamides your child is taking.
This medicine must not be taken
- if your child is allergic to E. coli strain Nissle 1917 or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- The contained bacterium E. coli strain Nissle 1917 is a natural intestinal resident. If the active ingredient E. coli is used as intended, there are no known risks during pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, the medicine is only intended for the treatment of infants, young children and children.
Warnings and Precautions:
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
- If your child experiences intolerance reactions, please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- With diarrhea there is a risk of dehydration. Therefore, even during treatment with this drug, care should be taken to ensure adequate fluid intake and electrolyte intake.