Mykoderm ® Miconazole nitrate candidiasis Cream
Active ingredient: Miconazole nitrate
Areas of application: Interdigital mycoses (fungal infections between the fingers and the toes), mycoses (fungal diseases) of the skin and skin folds, superficial candidiasis (fungal diseases of the skin caused by Candida species).
Warning: Contains benzoic acid.
For MYKODERM Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Information as of June 2011
Engelhard Arzneimittel GmbH & Co.KG.
Herzbergstrasse 3, 61138 Niederdorfelden.
Fungal attack on the skin, e.g. in the spaces between the toes.
MYKODERM Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream Active ingredients
- 20 mg miconazole nitrate
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream Auxiliary materials
- Benzoic acid
- Polyoxyethylene (1500) monostearate
- PEG glycerol oleate
- Paraffin, thick
- Purified water
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream Indication / application
- The medicine is an antifungal (anti-fungal agent).
- Interdigital mycoses
- Mycoses of the skin and skin folds
- superficial candidiasis
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream dosage
- Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The following information applies unless your doctor has prescribed the medicine differently. Please adhere to the instructions for use, otherwise the drug cannot work properly.
- Apply the cream to the lesions 2 times a day. Massage the cream into the skin with your finger until it is completely absorbed.
Duration of application
- The duration of application is 2 to 6 weeks, depending on the location and severity of the lesion.
- Treatment should be continued for at least a week after all symptoms and symptoms have disappeared.
- There should be a therapy-free interval of 3 - 4 days between the last application and the creation of a fungal culture, so that any active ingredient residues do not interfere with the culture.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you use more medicine than you should
- If you have applied too much cream, no consequences are to be expected. However, if you notice any unusual symptoms, please contact your doctor.
If you forget to use the medicine
- Make up for a forgotten treatment and continue the therapy as usual.
If you stop using the drug
- The treatment should be carried out to the end, even after the symptoms have been resolved. The infection can persist and may break out again if the drug is stopped too soon.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicinal product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream way
- Apply the cream to the lesions 2 times a day.
- Massage the cream into the skin with your finger until it is completely absorbed. If powder and cream are used, it is recommended to use both dosage forms once a day.
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream Side effects
Like all medicines, this can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
When evaluating side effects, the following frequencies are used as a basis:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: less than 1 patient in 10,000 or unknown
possible side effects
- Rarely, irritation with reddening, stinging and / or burning can occur when using the preparation.
- When evaluating side effects, the following frequencies are used as a basis:
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice side effects not listed here.
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream Interactions
When using the drug with other drugs
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using or have recently taken / used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- When applied to the skin, the active ingredient miconazole may increase the activity of orally taken anticoagulants such as warfarin.
- Treatment in the genital or anal area may reduce the tear resistance and thus impair the safety of condoms due to the auxiliary substances it contains and the simultaneous use of latex condoms.
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream Contraindications
The drug must not be used
- if you are hypersensitive to the active ingredient miconazole nitrate or any of the other ingredients.
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Since the active ingredient is practically not absorbed when applied locally, the drug can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Use on the breast should be avoided during breastfeeding in order to avoid direct contact of the infant with the cream.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking / using any medicine.
Miconazole nitrate candidiasis cream Patient information
Driving and using machines
- There is no experience regarding the impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.