Nene Lax 1.0 suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment
Active substance: glycerol.
pack size:6 pcs Dosage form: suppositories
Nene Lax 1.0 glycerol suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment Application:
Glycerol is used for constipation and for conditions that require complete or easier evacuation of the stool, such as before rectal examinations, as well as for diseases in which heavy straining is unfavorable, such as hemorrhoids or anal fissures.
For risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Areas of application:
- Defecation as a preparation for operations and/or examinations
- Facilitation of bowel movements and softening of the stool in certain diseases, such as painful anal disorders Instructions for
Nene Lax 1.0 glycerol suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment use:
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
Type of application?
Insert the medicine into the rectum. To improve the lubricity, you can briefly dip the suppositories in cold water.
Duration of use?
The duration of use depends on the type of symptoms and/or the course of the disease. It should therefore be determined in consultation with your doctor.
There are no known overdose symptoms. If in doubt consult your doctor.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for babies, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action:
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
After being introduced into the rectum, the active ingredient stimulates the production of mucus in the intestine, thereby increasing the lubricity of the stool. It also causes increased water absorption in the intestine and thus both softening of the stool and an increase in volume, which then reflexively results in stool emptying due to the widening of the intestinal wall.
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
- Intestinal obstruction
- Abdominal pain of unknown cause
Which age group should be considered?
- Children from 1 year: The drug should not be used in this group as a rule. There are preparations that are more suitable in terms of the strength of the active ingredient and/or dosage form.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: According to current knowledge, the medicine has no harmful effects on the development of your child or the birth.
- Breast-feeding: According to current knowledge, there are no indications that the drug should not be used during breast-feeding.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use involves in the event of a contraindication.
What side effects can occur?
No side effects are currently known for the drug.
If you notice any discomfort or changes during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
What should you consider?
- Only use laxative medicines for short periods without medical advice. Long-term use may lead to chronic constipation and/or other problems. If you are unsuccessful after a short period of use, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Caution: Laxatives are not suitable for weight loss.
In the case of acute constipation, glycerol laxative suppositories are reliable and extremely gentle.
active Nene Lax 1.0 glycerol suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment ingredients
- 500 mg glycerol
Nene Lax 1.0 glycerol suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment excipients
- water, purified
Nene Lax 1.0 glycerol suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment indication
- The preparation is a laxative.
Field of use:
The medicine is used in the rectum:
- for emptying the intestines before examinations of the rectum (rectoscopy);
- for defecation in hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
- The medicine is used in the rectum:
Nene Lax 1.0 glycerol suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment dosage
- Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose is:
- 1 to 2 suppositories daily (equivalent to 0.5 to 1.0 g glycerol per day).
Duration of use:
- Before multiple use, the doctor should be consulted.
- The preparation should only be used in acute cases, ie only when there is an acute need.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should
- please discontinue the preparation and consult a doctor if you observe side effects (undesirable effects).
If you forgot the application:
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application.
If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, please ask your doctor or
- About 20 to 30 minutes before the intended voiding, 1 to 2 suppositories are inserted into the anus.
- Moisten the suppository slightly with water immediately before use and then insert it with the tip first deep into the anus, ie into the rectum.
- So far no side effects are known.
When using the preparation together with other medicines:
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using or have recently used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- There are no known interactions with other medicines for the preparation.
The medicine must not be used
- in case of intestinal obstruction (ileus) and abdominal pain of unknown cause as well as in case of known hypersensitivity (allergy) to glycerol or one of the other ingredients of the preparation.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- So far, there have been no indications of risks during pregnancy and breastfeeding when using the drug.
- However, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using any medicine.
patient Nene Lax 1.0 glycerol suppositories for infants, anal fissure treatment notes
- Special precautions when using the drug are not required.
Driving and using machines:
- There are no special precautions required.