NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection
Active ingredient: Nystatin
Proven nystatin-sensitive yeast infections of the skin, especially with the participation of Candida spp. such as diaper candidiasis.
For risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For use in proven nystatin-sensitive yeast infections of the skin.
active NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection ingredients
- 100000 IU nystatin
NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection excipients
- methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate
- Polyoxyethylene (40) monostearate
- Polyoxyethylene (100) monostearate
- cetyl alcohol
- sorbitan sesquioleate
- glycerol monostearate
- Paraffin, viscous
- 100 mg propylene glycol
- water, purified
Indication/ NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection Application
- The preparation is a remedy for fungal infections (antifungal).
- The drug is used in proven nystatin-sensitive yeast infections of the skin when neither a greasy nor drying component is desired, especially with the involvement of Candida spp., such as. B. Diaper candidiasis
- The preparation acts specifically against saprophytic and parasitic yeasts, especially Candida species. The active ingredient nystatin inhibits the spread of pathogens at low and medium doses. High doses of nystatin kill them. The effect of nystatin depends on the germ density, so if the germ density is unknown, the maximum dose should always be used.
- Depending on the dose and germ density, this results in a corresponding reduction and elimination of yeast fungi.
- The therapeutic applicability and bioavailability of nystatin depend not only on the active ingredient alone, but also to a large extent on the choice of dosage form and the other ingredients suitable for this.
NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection dosage
- Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is:
- Apply a thin layer to the affected areas of skin 2 - 4 times a day and rub in gently.
- In severe cases, hourly application may prove useful.
duration of use
- The preparation should be applied for about 6 days until the disease has resolved. In order to ensure full therapeutic success, the treatment should be continued for a further 8 - 10 days.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should
- You can continue the treatment with the prescribed dose.
- In the case of a short-term overdose, no impairments are to be expected.
If you forgot the application
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application.
If you cancel the application
- You could jeopardize the success of the treatment. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected areas of skin and rub in gently.
side NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection effects
- Like all medicines, the preparation can have side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
Possible side effects:
- In rare cases, local application can lead to hypersensitivity reactions.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the listed side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed.
NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection interactions
When using the preparation with other medicines
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to nystatin or any of the other ingredients of the product.
pregnancy NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection and breast feeding period
- Nystatin, the active substance of the preparation, is hardly absorbed in therapeutic doses after oral administration, through the intact skin or through the mucous membranes. Nystatin does not cross the placenta and is not expected to be excreted in breast milk.
- The medicine can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient NYSTADERM, Nystatin cream, yeast infection notes
Driving and using machines:
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.