NYSTADERM S, duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer, Suspension dosing pump
Active substance: nystatin.
Areas of application:
Nystatin-sensitive yeast infections of the oral cavity (oral thrush). Nystatin-sensitive yeast infections of the nose and throat, esophagus and stomach, yeast colonization v. Gastric and duodenal ulcers.
For risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For the treatment of fungal infections of the skin and mucous membranes.
active duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer ingredients
- 100000 IU nystatin
duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer excipients
- methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate
- propyl 4-hydroxybenzoate
- Silica, colloidal
- Raspberry flavor containing propylene glycol
- 1.8 mg propylene glycol
- water, purified
Indication/ duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer Application
- The medicine contains the active substance nystatin, which is indicated for the treatment of fungal infections (antifungal) of the skin and mucous membranes.
- It is used for nystatin-sensitive infections of the oral cavity (oral thrush), the pharynx and the esophagus as well as for the topical intestinal treatment of proven nystatin-sensitive yeast infections and for colonization prophylaxis of the gastrointestinal tract, especially in children and infants.
- If you do not feel better or worse after 7 days, contact your doctor.
duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
- In children (>/= 2 years) and adults, depending on the severity of the disease, drip 0.5 - 1.5 ml of the suspension into the mouth 4 times a day after meals.
- Newborns (0 to 4 weeks) and infants (1 month to 2 years) receive 0.5 - 1 ml suspension 4 times a day.
Colonization prophylaxis of the gastrointestinal tract
- 150,000 IU 3 to 4 times daily in newborns and infants.
- At least 4 times 500,000 IU daily in adults with risk factors
- Nystatin should not be used for so-called intestinal rehabilitation in immunocompetent people (Candida is part of the normal colon flora).
- After meals, drip the medicine into the mouth and spread it in the mouth for at least 1 minute, so that a good wetting of the entire oral cavity is achieved.
Duration of use:
- For oral thrush, treatment should be continued for 2-3 days after the visible signs of the disease have disappeared.
- In the case of yeast infections of the gastrointestinal tract, the treatment should generally be carried out for 2 weeks.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- Very little information is available on overdose with oral nystatin. Since absorption from the gastrointestinal tract into the body after oral administration is negligible, even at high doses, side effects of nystatin on the organism are not to be expected, even in the event of an overdose. If necessary, the usual measures for the removal of drugs from the gastrointestinal tract should be taken.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop taking it
- You could jeopardize the success of the treatment. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment with the medicine.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
NYSTADERM S, duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer way
- For use in the oral cavity and for oral use.
- Please shake the bottle vigorously before use.
- Draw up the suspension with the pipette up to the desired marking line (0.5 or 1 ml) or withdraw it with the dosing pump (1 stroke corresponds to 0.5 ml, 2 strokes correspond to 1 ml). Put the suspension in the oral cavity and leave it in the mouth for a few minutes, then swallow it.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Possible side effects:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- Gastrointestinal complaints, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- Rashes, hives (urticaria), hypersensitivity reactions
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (fever and painful blistering of the skin and mucous membranes)
- Some of the other ingredients can cause hypersensitivity reactions, even with a time delay.
- Other ingredients may cause allergic reactions.
- Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- If a hypersensitivity reaction occurs, the medicinal product should be discontinued and, if necessary, appropriate treatment should be carried out by a doctor.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
NYSTADERM S, duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer interactions
Use with other medicines:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using any other medicines, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
The drug must not be taken
- if you are allergic to nystatin or a related drug (amphotericin B, natamycin) or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- to treat systemic (affecting the internal organs) fungal infections.
pregnancy NYSTADERM S, duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- Nystatin, the active substance in this medicinal product, is hardly absorbed at therapeutic doses after oral administration via intact skin or mucous membranes. Nystatin does not cross the placenta and is not expected to be excreted in breast milk.
- The drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation after benefit/risk assessment.
patient NYSTADERM S, duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer notes
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
- Due to the high osmolarity of nystatin, its use in very underweight and immature preterm infants is not recommended.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.