PERMETHRIN-BIOMO solution 0.5% for Pediculus capitis
Solution containing 430 mg of permethrin 25/75 (cis/trans) per 100 ml of permethrin solution
WHAT IS PERMETHRIN-BIOMO SOLUTION 0.5% AND WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
permethrin-biomo solution 0.5% is an agent against parasites for a single external treatment of the head hair in case of infestation with head lice (Pediculus capitis).
The active ingredient permethrin in permethrin-biomo 0.5% solution belongs to the group of active ingredients known as pyrethrins. Pyrethrins are found in flowers of certain plants, e.g. B. in some chrysanthemum species.
permethrin-biomo solution 0.5% contains propylene glycol.
For the treatment of scalp hair infested with lice.
active PERMETHRIN-BIOMO, for Pediculus capitis ingredients
- 4.3 mg permethrin
PERMETHRIN-BIOMO, for Pediculus capitis excipients
- water, purified
- Sodium dihydrogen phosphate-2 water
- 5.2 mg propylene glycol
- 316 mg ethanol 96% (v/v)
PERMETHRIN-BIOMO, for Pediculus capitis indication
- The active ingredient permethrin in the drug belongs to the group of active ingredients known as pyrethrins. Pyrethrins are found in flowers of certain plants, e.g. B. in some chrysanthemum species.
- The preparation is a medicinal product for the single external treatment of scalp hair infested with head lice (pediculus capitis).
dosage PERMETHRIN-BIOMO, for Pediculus capitis
- Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- For treatment, the hair must be thoroughly saturated with the solution. The amount required for this depends on how full the hair is: for short hair, about 25 ml is sufficient, for longer hair about 50 ml is required, and for very long and thick hair, more.
Children up to 3 years
- Do not use more than 25 ml in children from the age of 2 months up to the age of 3 years.
duration of use
- If these instructions for use are observed, treatment success is usually already achieved with a single application.
- If live lice are found after 7-10 days of treatment with the solution, the treatment with the preparation should be repeated. If lice are still alive after 14-20 days, the treating doctor should be consulted to determine suitable alternative treatment methods.
- Do not continue to use the solution afterwards without medical advice.
- In the case of persistent epidemics, it is often necessary to treat all members of a community (school class, kindergarten group) at the same time, even if not all members show symptoms.
If you use more than you should
- When used externally, there is no risk of overdosing with the active ingredient permethrin.
- The preparation is not suitable for whole-body use, because otherwise symptoms of poisoning due to the auxiliary substance 2-propanol (isopropanol) can occur, especially in small children.
- After accidental or intentional ingestion, a doctor should be consulted as soon as possible, who will decide how to proceed.
If you cancel the application
- As a rule, a single application of the preparation is sufficient. However, if your doctor has recommended that you repeat the application, please follow their instructions. Otherwise, your condition may not heal completely.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
PERMETHRIN-BIOMO, for Pediculus capitis way
- The solution is only intended for external use on the hairy scalp and hair.
- Before using the solution, the hair is washed and toweled. The preparation is evenly massaged into the slightly damp hair. Work from the outside in, making sure the hair near the scalp gets the most solution as this is where most lice and nits are found. Long and particularly thick hair should be separated and treated strand by strand.
- Only use the solution undiluted and not together with shampoo, soap or other care products.
- Leave the solution on uncovered scalp hair for 30-45 minutes; then wash it off with clear, warm water.
- Before drying the hair, any hard-wearing lice eggs (nits) sticking to the hair should be combed out. This requires the use of a special lice comb.
- In order to ensure full effectiveness, the hair must not be washed with shampoo (rinsing with water is allowed) for at least the first three days after using the preparation. As a result, the active ingredient remains on the hair and kills lice that hatch from the eggs even after the treatment, or the nit content is severely damaged.
- Checks whether the treatment was successful should be carried out with a lice comb as often as possible, preferably on the day after the treatment and about 4-5, 8-10 and 14-16 days after the application of the preparation. Head and body lice are easily transmitted from person to person, so checking all contact persons in the family and in kindergarten/school is strongly recommended.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- Skin irritation (redness) and itching (pruritus), also expressed as tingling, burning or stinging. However, such symptoms are also caused by the disease itself.
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
- headache, nausea and vomiting.
Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data)
- Abnormal sensations on the skin (paraesthesia), such as tingling, stinging, skin burning, hair loss.
- In temporal connection with the use of active substances from the pyrethrin group, respiratory problems and allergic skin reactions have been reported. If you experience such severe hypersensitivity reactions, please consult a doctor immediately. In this case, you should no longer use the preparation.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used or might use any other medicines.
- Interactions with other agents are not known to date.
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic to permethrin, other pyrethrin-based products, chrysanthemum or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- in newborns and infants less than 2 months old.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- As a precaution, you should not use the preparation during pregnancy unless your doctor recommends it.
- Permethrin, the active ingredient in the solution, can pass into breast milk. For safety reasons, you should take a 3-day break from breastfeeding after using the product.
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the solution:
- in the treatment of infants: see below in the section "Children up to 3 years of age".
- if you have known allergies to chrysanthemums or other composite plants. In this case, you should only use the preparation after consulting your doctor.
- Treatment should only be carried out if lice eggs or live lice have been detected.
- People applying permethrin are advised to wear gloves.
- The medicine can worsen the symptoms of asthma or skin inflammation (eczema).
- The drug is harmful to all types of insects, as well as aquatic creatures (fish, daphnia, algae). Make sure that the solution does not get into aquariums and terrariums.
Children up to 3 years
- Do not use the preparation in newborns and infants in the first 2 months of life unless specifically directed by your doctor. There is insufficient experience in infants and young children. Children up to the age of 3 years should only be treated under close medical supervision.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the solution: