Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream
Pack size:100 g Dosage form:cream
Hirudoid® forte cream 445 mg / 100 g
Active ingredient: Chondroitin polysulphate from beef trachea.
For the local treatment of blunt injuries (trauma) with and without bruises (hematoma), superficial phlebitis, if this cannot be treated by external pressure (compression).
Note: Contains rosemary oil.
For the treatment of phlebitis.
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream Active ingredients
- 4.45 mg of chondroitin polysulfate
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream Auxiliary materials
- Glycerol (mono, di) alkanoate / (C16-C18) -sodium cetyl stearyl sulfate mixture 90:10
- Isopropyl myristate
- Euxyl K200
- Rosemary oil
- Myristyl alcohol
- Triglycerides, medium chain
- Purified water
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream Indication / application
- The medicine is a decongestant and anti-inflammatory medicine.
The medicine is used for the local treatment of
- blunt injuries (trauma) with and without bruising (hematoma)
- Superficial phlebitis, if this cannot be treated by external pressure (compression).
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream dosage
- Always use the cream exactly as described or exactly as agreed with your doctor or pharmacist.
Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the recommended dose is:
- Apply the drug 2 to 3 times a day, more often if necessary, to the area of the disease. Depending on the size of the area to be treated, a strand of cream of 3 to 5 cm is generally sufficient.
- The primary treatment measure for superficial phlebitis of the lower extremities is external pressure (compression treatment).
- Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the recommended dose is:
Duration of application
- The use of the drug should be continued until the symptoms have subsided. As a rule, the duration of treatment is up to 10 days for blunt injuries and one to two weeks for superficial phlebitis.
- If the symptoms have not improved after 14 days of regular use or if symptoms recur after treatment has ended, please consult your doctor.
If you use more than you should
- If the preparation is used as intended, there is no known overdose. In the event of accidental ingestion of the drug, overdose symptoms due to the active ingredient are not to be expected.
If you forget to use it
- Do not use double the amount of cream to make up for a forgotten application.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicinal product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream way
- Application on the skin.
- Apply the medicine evenly to the diseased area and, if possible, massage gently into the skin. Use the medicine only on intact skin, avoid contact with the eyes or with mucous membranes, as well as with open wounds or broken skin
- If the inflammation is particularly painful, the affected area and its surroundings should be carefully coated with the drug and covered with a bandage. In these cases, the cream should not be rubbed in or even massaged in.
- The drug is also suitable for physical treatment procedures such as iontophoresis and phonophoresis. In iontophoresis, the cream is applied under the cathode.
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream Side effects
Like all medicines, this can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
When evaluating side effects, the following frequencies are usually used as a basis:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: less than 1 user in 10,000
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
- Very rarely, hypersensitivity reactions, such as reddening of the skin, may occur when using this medicinal product, which usually subside quickly after discontinuation of the preparation.
- If any of the above possible side effects occur, stop treatment and contact your doctor.
- In appropriately sensitized patients, rosemary oil can trigger hypersensitivity reactions (including shortness of breath).
- Rosemary oil can cause laryngeal spasms in infants and children up to 2 years of age, resulting in severe breathing disorders.
- When evaluating side effects, the following frequencies are usually used as a basis:
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream Interactions
Use with other medicines
- No interactions are known.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently used, or may use any other medicines.
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream Contraindications
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic to chondroitin polysulphate, rosemary oil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- in babies and toddlers under 2 years of age (risk of laryngeal spasms).
- Do not use the cream on open wounds or broken skin.
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you suspect you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Experience to date with the local application of chondroitin polysulphate to the skin in pregnant and breastfeeding women has not produced any indications of harmful effects in the unborn child or infant.
Phlebitis treatment HIRUDOID forte cream Patient information
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the cream (see category "Contraindications" and category "Side effects").
Driving and using machines
- There are no special precautions required.