Rivanol, ethacridine lactate ointment
1 g Rivanol ointment contains 2 mg ethacridine lactate
For local antiseptic application on the skin.
For risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist
To reduce germs on the skin.
active RIVANOL, ethacridine lactate ointment ingredients
- 2 mg ethacridine lactate-1 water
RIVANOL, ethacridine lactate ointment excipients
- zinc oxide
- wheat starch
- isopropyl myristate
- Vaseline, white
- water, purified
Indication/ RIVANOL, ethacridine lactate ointmentApplication
- The preparation contains the active substance ethacridine lactate. It is a drug from the group of acridine derivatives with a broad antibacterial effect against wound infections (antiseptic). When applied locally, it inhibits the build-up of the bacterial wall and thus leads to the rapid death of a large number of pathogens.
- It is used to reduce germs on the skin.
RIVANOL, ethacridine lactate ointment dosage
- Always use the preparation exactly as directed.
- Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is:
- Apply the ointment in a thin layer to the affected area of skin 3 times a day.
duration of use
- Do not use the preparation for more than 7 days without medical advice.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the preparation is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should:
- You can continue treatment with the indicated dosage. In the case of a short-term overdose, no impairments are to be expected.
If you forgot the application:
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application.
If you cancel the application:
- You could jeopardize the success of the treatment. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
RIVANOL, ethacridine lactate ointment way
- The preparation is intended for application to the skin. The ointment should always be applied thinly in order to accelerate the drying process, to avoid secretion build-up and to be able to do without bandages as far as possible.
Like all medicines, the preparation can have side effects, but these do not necessarily occur in everyone treated. The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very often more than 1 in 10 people treated
- Often affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rarely affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rarely affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known Frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
possible side effects
- Rarely, especially in connection with sunlight, allergic skin reactions can occur, which, however, disappear quickly after stopping the preparation. Swelling of the face, itchy nettle-like rash, headache and mild cramps have rarely been observed. Inflammatory skin reactions may occasionally occur.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
RIVANOL, ethacridine lactate ointment interactions
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
- The ointment must not be mixed with another skin medicine or applied to the skin at the same time, as incompatibilities between the two skin medicines can occur. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
The medicine must not be used
- if you have a known hypersensitivity to ethacridine lactate, other acridine derivatives or any of the other ingredients of the drug.
- The preparation must not be used in the eye area.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- The drug should not be used during pregnancy, as there are no studies on teratogenic effects.
- The drug should also not be used during breastfeeding, as it is not known exactly whether the drug passes into breast milk.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient RIVANOL, ethacridine lactate ointment notes
Particular caution is required when using:
- Skin areas to which the preparation has been applied should not be exposed to sunlight for a long period of time.
Driving and using machines:
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.