Sanofi MAALOXAN ® 25 mVal chewable tablet
Active ingredients: Algeldrat, magnesium hydroxide.
Areas of application:
For the symptomatic treatment of diseases in which the stomach acid is to be bound: heartburn, acid-related stomach problems, stomach or duodenal ulcers.
Notes: Do not use in children under 12 years of age. Have complaints that persist for more than 2 weeks clinically clarified. Other drugs should always be taken at least 2 hours before or after taking Maaloxan chewable tablets.
Contains sorbitol, mannitol, sucrose (sugar), mint flavor. Pharmacy only.
For Sanofi MAALOXAN information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH, 65926 Frankfurt am Main.
MAALOXAN ® 25 mVal chewable tablet, chewable tablet, with Algeldrat and magnesium hydroxide, for heartburn and acid-related stomach complaints
The burning pain rises from the abdomen behind the breastbone up into the throat - heartburn announces itself! Millions of people suffer from it. If you are plagued by heartburn more often, Maaloxan ® 25 mVal chewable tablet is a practical acute help. It relieves pain, protects the stomach and is well tolerated.
Maaloxan ® 25 mVal chewable tablet helps quickly with:
• Acid-related stomach problems
• Gastric or duodenal ulcers
Maaloxan ® - the acute aid for heartburn with active stomach protection
Maaloxan ® is a so-called antacid that binds excess stomach acid. The active ingredients magnesium hydroxide and Algeldrat in Maaloxan ® are a useful combination against acid regurgitation. Magnesium hydroxide acts as an acute aid, it binds excess stomach acid and so relieves the burning pain. Algeldrat is your active stomach protection by laying like a protective film on the sensitive mucous membrane and supporting self-healing. Maaloxan ®, with its dual action, has proven itself in many heartburn sufferers.
• Fresh peppermint taste
• Easy to chew
• For those who do not like to swallow tablets
• Gives a fresh feeling in the mouth
chew the chewable tablets as well as possible.
Dosage (symptomatic treatment of heartburn and acid-related stomach problems): If necessary, take one Maaloxan 25 mVal chewable tablet several times a day. The daily dose should not exceed 4-6 chewable tablets a day.
If the symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks during treatment, a doctor should be consulted.
Possible causes of heartburn
There are different factors that favor the reflux of stomach acid and thus cause heartburn, for example:
• The stomach produces too much stomach acid: The rising stomach acid can attack the mucous membrane of the esophagus unhindered.
• Weakening of the esophageal sphincter: Usually the sphincter prevents acidic stomach contents from rising towards the esophagus. If it is weakened, the stomach acid has a free way to the top.
• Reduced self-cleaning ability of the esophagus: muscle cells are located in the esophageal wall, which by means of a wave-like movement (peristalsis) immediately transports ascending stomach acid back down into the stomach. This self-cleaning function can be disturbed, so that acidic stomach contents can rise more easily.
• Diaphragmatic hernia: A diaphragmatic hernia can affect the function of the esophageal sphincter muscle. The "hiatus hernia" known in the technical jargon often occurs in older people (from around 50).
Whether after a meal or at night, you can get the occasional heartburn under control with over-the-counter medicines like Maaloxan ® . If heartburn becomes a permanent problem, you should consult a doctor.
1. Eat several smaller meals a day than large, high-fat, high-sugar meals.
2. In the evening you should eat less in terms of quantity, switch to light food and not eat too late.
3. Take the time to eat, sit down, chew slowly, and set aside anything that might distract you.
4. Avoid acid looseners, such as spicy, heavily fried and high-fat foods, smoked foods, tomatoes, coffee, cola and sweets. Alcohol and nicotine can also promote heartburn.
5. Avoid constant stress. Try to take breaks, introduce relaxing rituals and, most importantly, enjoy free time. No matter what you do, the important thing is that you can switch off and not be under constant power!
6. Elevate the upper body at night to avoid heartburn at night. This usually occurs after a late, filling meal.
7. Get regular exercise or exercise. Being overweight can lead to heartburn.