- SCOPOLAN dragees is a drug used in contractions of the gastrointestinal tract (colic colic, irritable bowel syndrome), bile ducts (hepatic colic), genitourinary system (renal colic, menstrual pain), which cause pain.
hyoscyl-butylbromide (Hyoscini butylbromidum)
Gastrointestinal contractions (intestinal colic, irritable bowel syndrome), bile ducts (hepatic colic), urogenital system (renal colic, menstrual pain, detrusor hyperreflexia) that cause pain.
Hyoscyl butylobromine is a substance that acts parasympatolitically. It tolerates smooth muscle contractions of the gastrointestinal tract, bile ducts, urogenital system. The digestive tract is absorbed poorly after oral administration, and the maximum concentration in the blood occurs after 1-3 hours. Despite the low bioavailability, it reaches a high concentration at the site of action. Plasma proteins bind in 8-13%. It penetrates very little through the blood-brain barrier. The half-life is 4.8 h.
- hypersensitivity to hyoscine butylbromide, other tropane alkaloids contained in Scopolan tablets
- obstruction of paralytic intestine
- narrowing of the esophagus, cardia or pylorus
- narrowing of the bladder neck
- myasthenia gravis
- narrow angle glaucoma
- prostatic hyperplasia
- Atonic constipation
- pathological widening of the large intestine (megacolon)
- children under 3 years
The preparation is administered orally and ad hoc in severe pains. Adults and children over 12 years: 1-2 tablets 3-5 times a day, and children 6-12 years: 1 tablet 2 times a day.