VITAMIN B12 SANUM 1,000 µg / ml injection solution amp.
Vitamin B 12 Sanum injection solution
1 ampoule contains 1000 g of cyanocobalamin.
For the treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency, which cannot be remedied nutritionally.
For use in case of vitamin B12 deficiency.
VITAMIN B12 SANUM cyanocobalamin injection Active ingredients
- 1 mg of cyanocobalamin
VITAMIN B12 SANUM cyanocobalamin injection Auxiliary materials
- Sodium chloride
- Sodium hydroxide for pH adjustment
- Hydrochloric acid for pH adjustment
- Water for injections
Liquid dilution for injection
VITAMIN B12 SANUM cyanocobalamin injection Preparation group:
1 ampoule of 1 ml contains: 1 mg cyanocobalamin. Other ingredients: sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide solution 9.5%, hydrochloric acid 5%, water for injections.
Vitamin B12 deficiency that cannot be remedied nutritionally.
Vitamin B12 deficiency can manifest itself in the following clinical pictures:
- Hyperchromic macrocytic megaloblastic anemia (perniciosa, Biermer anemia, Addison's anemia; these are disorders of the maturation of red blood cells).
- Funicular spinal disease (damage to the spinal cord).
A vitamin B12 deficiency confirmed by laboratory diagnosis can occur in:
- Years of malnutrition and malnutrition (e.g. through strict vegetarian diet)
Malabsorption (insufficient absorption of vitamin B12 in the intestine)
- Insufficient production of intrinsic factor (a protein that is formed in the stomach lining and is required to absorb vitamin B12),
- Diseases in the terminal segment of the ileum (part of the small intestine), e.g. sprue.
- Fish tapeworm infestation or
- Blind-loop syndrome (change in the course of the bowel after gastric surgery).
- Congenital vitamin B12 transport disorders.
VITAMIN B12 SANUM cyanocobalamin injection Properties:
Cyanocobalamin is obtained from bacterial cultures and is therefore of vegetable origin (in contrast to hydroxycobalamin from liver extracts). Numerous metabolic processes in the organism are particularly dependent on an adequate supply of vitamin B12
- the formation of erythrocytes in the bone marrow
- protein synthesis (production of DNA and RNA, growth)
- the structure of the myelin sheath of nerve cells
- cellular detoxification
- the fatty acid and folic acid metabolism.
VITAMIN B12 SANUM cyanocobalamin injection Application:
At the start of treatment, 1 ml of vitamin B12 Sanum (equivalent to 1 mg of cyanocobalamin) is administered twice a week for the first few weeks after diagnosis. If it is proven that the intestines are not able to absorb vitamin B12, 1000 μg of cyanocobalamin are administered once a month. Vitamin B12 Sanum is usually given intramuscularly, but it can also be given slowly intravenously or subcutaneously.
In individual cases, skin symptoms (acne as well as eczematous and urticarial drug reactions) and hypersensitivity symptoms (anaphylactic or anaphylactoid reactions) were observed.
Vitamin B12 Sanum must not be used if you are hypersensitive to vitamin B12 or to any of the components.
VITAMIN B12 SANUM cyanocobalamin injection Interactions:
Due to the instability of vitamin B12, the addition of other drugs can lead to a loss of effectiveness of the vitamin.
VITAMIN B12 SANUM cyanocobalamin injection Precautions:
The recommended daily vitamin B12 intake during pregnancy and breastfeeding is 4 μg. Experience to date has shown that higher amounts used have no adverse effects on the unborn child. Vita min B12 passes into breast milk. Vitamin B12 Sanum contains sodium, but less than 1 mmol (23 mg) sodium per ampoule, ie almost "sodium-free".