VOMEX A coated tablets 50 mg coated tablets 10 pc dimenhydrinate
Vomex A ® coated tablets, dimenhydrinate
Active ingredient: dimenhydrinate.
Areas of application: For the prevention and treatment of nausea and vomiting of various origins, especially for motion sickness.
Contains lactose, sucrose, glucose, yellow orange S, Ponceau 4R, azorubine.
Vomex A ® dimenhydrinate For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist. Klinge Pharma GmbH, Bergfeldstrasse 9, 83607 Holzkirchen
For nausea and vomiting, from 6 years and over 30 kg body weight.
active VOMEX A coated tablets 50 mg coated tablets 10 pc dimenhydrinate ingredients
- 50 mg dimenhydrinate
VOMEX A coated tablets 50 mg coated tablets 10 pc dimenhydrinate excipients
- magnesium stearate
- carnauba wax
- Carboxymethyl Starch, Sodium Type A
- Iron(III) oxide hydrate, black
- Silica, colloidal
- cellulose, microcrystalline
- ferric oxide
- carminic acid, aluminum salts
- calcium hydrogen phosphate-2 water
- lactose-1 water
- Macrogol 6000
- titanium dioxide
- Arabic gum
- calcium carbonate
VOMEX A coated tablets 50 mg coated tablets 10 pc dimenhydrinate indication
- This preparation is a remedy for nausea and vomiting from the group of H1 antihistamines.
- It is taken to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting of various origins, especially in motion sickness. For children from 6 years and over 30 kg body weight, teenagers and adults.
- Dimenhydrinate is not suitable for the sole treatment of nausea and vomiting following drug-based cancer treatment (cytostatic therapy).
- If you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 14 days, contact your doctor.
dosage VOMEX A coated tablets 50 mg coated tablets 10 pc dimenhydrinate
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The dosage of dimenhydrinate should be based on the patient's body weight. For smaller children, a single dose can be enough to alleviate the symptoms.
- Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, daily doses of 5 milligrams per kilogram of body weight should not be exceeded.
- Overdoses with dimenhydrinate can be life-threatening, especially in children under the age of three, and must therefore be avoided at all costs in this age group. Therefore, never give your toddler more than 5mg/kg body weight in 24 hours.
- The recommended dosage should not be increased on one's own initiative, especially in children.
The recommended dose is
Children from 6 to 14 years and weighing more than 30 kg:
- 1 dragee (equivalent to 50 - 150 mg dimenhydrinate) 1 - 3 times a day, but no more than 3 dragees (150 mg dimenhydrinate).
- Other lower dose formulations are available to provide adequate and safe dosing for children under 6 years of age or weighing less than 30 kg.
Adults and adolescents over 14 years of age and weighing more than 56 kg:
- 1 - 2 dragees (corresponding to 50 - 400 mg dimenhydrinate) 1 - 4 times a day, but not more than 8 dragees per day (400 mg dimenhydrinate).
- Children from 6 to 14 years and weighing more than 30 kg:
duration of use
- Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the preparation is intended for short-term use only. If symptoms persist, a doctor should therefore be consulted. After 2 weeks of treatment at the latest, your doctor should check whether further treatment is necessary.