- Wound care MULTIBIOTIC ointment is a preparation that contains three antibiotics responsible for antibacterial activity. In this way, it protects against the development of bacterial wounds or scratches.
The preparation is characterized by a complex composition. It is the source of three antibiotics with antibacterial properties with different mechanisms of action. Neomycin is responsible for blocking protein synthesis and damage to the cytoplasmic membrane. Bacitracin interferes with and stops the synthesis of the microbial cell wall. Polymyxin B causes damage to the cytoplasmic membrane of the bacteria. Thanks to this composition, it protects against the development of bacterial infections of the skin and soothes existing ones.
- allergy to the components of the preparation
- use for changes oozing, mucous membranes, stab wounds, heavy burns, large skin surface
- use in people under 12 years of age
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
Use in adolescents over 12 years of age and adults to prevent secondary infections of small wounds, scratches, abrasions and burns. Also indicated at primary and secondary bacterial skin infection, which is caused by Gram-positive bacteria (staphylococci, streptococci) and Gram-negative rods, also bacteria of the genus Pseudomonas.
Directions for use:
Apply topically. Apply a small amount of ointment to cleansed and dried skin. Repeat x 2-5 / 24h. It is not recommended to use the product for more than a week if it is not necessary.