Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU
BIOFANAL 500,000 IU film-coated tablets
For the treatment of yeasts.
Active Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU ingredients
- 500,000 IU of nystatin
Auxiliary Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU materials
- Lactose-1 water
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Stearic acid
- Ammonium hydrogen carbonate
- Carmellose sodium
- Triglycerides, medium chain
- Silicon dioxide
- Ferric oxide
Indication / Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU application
- The preparation is a specific agent against yeasts (Candida albicans and other Candida species) for the treatment of yeast infections in the gastrointestinal area.
- The medicinal product is used for the topical intestinal treatment of proven nystatin-sensitive yeast infections, especially as a result of therapy with antibiotics, cytostatics or corticosteroids.
Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described here or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the usual dose is:
- Take 1–2 coated tablets 3 times a day (equivalent to 500,000–1,000,000 IU nystatin); the maximum dose is therefore 6 coated tablets per day (corresponding to 3,000,000 IU nystatin).
Duration of application
- The usual duration of treatment is 2 weeks. However, the preparation should be taken for at least 2 days after the symptoms have subsided.
If you take more than you should:
- Symptoms of poisoning are hardly to be expected even if the drug is overdosed, as the active ingredient nystatin contained in the preparation only passes into the bloodstream in small amounts when administered orally. The possible consequences of an overdose are nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. In any case, notify a doctor if you suspect an overdose!
If you forget to take a dose:
- You can subsequently take the too little coated tablets all at once on the same day.
- However, the recommended maximum dose of 6 coated tablets per day should not be exceeded.
If you stop taking:
- To achieve the desired therapeutic success, please adhere to the recommended duration of treatment or to the instructions for use prescribed by a doctor. Treatment should not be interrupted or prematurely terminated without consulting a doctor.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU way
- Please swallow the coated tablets whole with some liquid after eating.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- You should stop taking the medicine and see your doctor straight away if you get any of these serious side effects:
Very rare, may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people
- Hypersensitivity reactions to the active ingredient nystatin or one of the other ingredients
- severe allergic reactions (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
Rare, may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people
- Discomfort in the stomach and intestines
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU Interactions
Taking the preparation together with other drugs
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using, have recently taken / used, or may take / use any other medicines.
- Interactions with other drugs are not yet known.
The medicine must not be taken
- if you are allergic to nystatin or a related active ingredient (amphotericin B, natamycin) or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
pregnancy Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU and breast feeding period
- Nystatin, the active ingredient of the preparation, is hardly absorbed in therapeutic doses after oral administration, through the intact skin or through the mucous membranes. Nystatin does not cross the placental barrier and it is also not expected to pass into breast milk.
- The drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Patient Yeast infection treatment BIOFANAL 500,000 IU information
Warnings and Precautions
Children under 6 years
- The preparation is not suitable for children under 6 years of age due to the risk of swallowing.
- Children under 6 years
Driving and using machines
- There are no special precautions required.