Agnucaston film-coated tablets
Active ingredient: dry extract of chaste fruit.
Agnucaston Areas of application:
Arrhythmias of the menstrual period (regular tempo anomalies). Discomfort before the monthly menstrual period (premenstrual syndrome), feeling of tension and swelling in the breasts.
Agnucaston Note: This medicine contains lactose. Arrhythmias of the menstrual period.
It is used for menstrual cycle disorders, premenstrual syndrome and during breast pain or stretching treatment.
Agnucaston 4 mg film-coated tablets
True chaste fruit dry extract
Read all of this leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
This medicine is available without a prescription, but it should be taken exactly as directed, the best results.
- Keep this leaflet You may need to read it.
- If you want more information or advice, ask your pharmacist.
- If symptoms worsen or do not improve, see your doctor.
- If you experience any serious side effects or if you notice any side effects not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
- What is Agnucaston is and what it is used for
- Before you Agnucaston
- How Agnucaston
- Possible side effects
- How to store Agnucaston
- Further information
- WHAT IS AGNUCASTON AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Agnucaston is a herbal remedy used for menstrual cycle disorders, premenstruaciniam syndrome and during pasireiškiančiam breast pain or stretching (mastodinijai) treatment.
Before using this medicine, check with your doctor whether there are other diseases requiring treatment.
- BEFORE YOU AGNUCASTON
Agnucaston Do not
- If you are hypersensitive actually chaste fruit or any of the other ingredients;
- If you have tumors of the pituitary gland (pituitary) tumor or breast cancer;
- If you are pregnant, avoid or stop taking it because there is not enough data on its effects in pregnancy;
- Do not use in lactating women because there is not enough data about its effect on breast-feeding.Animal studies have found that the decrease in milk production.
Take special care with:
- Regulating the menstrual cycle, may increase the chances of getting pregnant;
- If your doctor has told you that you have intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Taking other medicines
If you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Interaction with other medicinal products are currently not known.
If you are taking other medications before taking Agnucaston, talk to your doctor or pharmacist because of the simultaneous use of dopamine receptor agonists, the potential impact of both products decreased.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding period
Before taking any medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
If you do Agnucaston pregnant, the product should not be used as treatment for symptoms disappear ongoing hormonal changes in the body. In this case, discontinue treatment.
Agnucaston not be used during pregnancy, because at the moment there is not enough information on its effects in pregnancy.
Agnucaston not be used during breast-feeding, because experiments with animals have shown that the administration is reduced milk production.
Driving and using machines
Agnucaston ability to drive and use machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients Agnucaston materials
It contains lactose monohydrate. If your doctor has told you that you have intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- HOW TO USE AGNUCASTON
Agnucaston always exactly as directed by your doctor. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Take 1 tablet per day. The tablets are swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of fluid (eg., 1 glass of water).
Agnucaston to take the tablets for several months without interruption - as well as during menstruation.
If symptoms disappeared or relieved of treatment to continue for several more weeks.
If you think that Agnucaston is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you take a large dose Agnucaston
Overdose is extremely unlikely and so far unknown.
If you forget to Agnucaston
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
If you stop taking Agnucaston
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Agnucaston, like all medicines, can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The use of products containing truly chaste fruit can cause side effects like headache, itching, gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, upset stomach or lower abdominal pain, and hypersensitivity reactions as the exanthema and urticaria. Furthermore, there may be more severe side effects such as facial swelling, shortness of breath and difficulty swallowing, temporary psychomotor agitation, confusional state or hallucinations.
These side effects are not known.
If you notice the first signs of hypersensitivity reaction, stop Agnucaston consumption and immediately consult a doctor. Agnucaston avoid the occurrence of hypersensitivity reactions.
If the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not mentioned, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- HOW TO STORE AGNUCASTON
Keep out of the reach and sight of children
This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions.
On the carton after EXP and on the blister after the expiry date, Agnucaston not be used. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. How to dispose of medicines no longer required, ask your pharmacist. These measures will help to protect the environment.
- FURTHER INFORMATION
- The active substance is actually chaste tree fruit dry extract. Each film-coated tablet contains 4 mg of Vitex agnus-castus L. fructus (actually chaste fruit) dry extract (7 - 11: 1).
An extraction solvent: 70% (v / v) ethanol.
- Emergent material. Tablet core: anhydrous colloidal silica, potato starch, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, povidone. Film-coating: talc, titanium dioxide (E 171), yellow iron oxide (E172), indigotine (E 132), macrogol 6000, and ammonio methacrylate copolymer A.
Agnucaston appearance and contents of the pack
Agnucaston are film-coated, greenish-bluish gray, round, biconvex tablets.
Available in packs of 30, 60 or 90 tablets.
Marketing Authorisation Holder and Manufacturer