Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno capsules
- Disorders of urination, benign enlarged prostate Instructions for
use Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno:
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist .
Type of application?
Take the medicine with liquid (e.g. 1 glass of water).
Duration of use?
The duration of use depends on the type of symptoms and/or the course of the disease. In principle, the duration of use is not limited in time, so the drug can be used for a longer period of time.
Overdose can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or diarrhea. If you suspect an overdose, contact a doctor immediately.
Forgot to take?
Continue taking it as normal (i.e. not double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for babies, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno:
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
The ingredients come from saw palmetto and act as a natural mixture. About the plant itself:
- Appearance: Bushy palm tree with fan-shaped leaves and about 3 cm large, deep purple to almost black fruits
- Occurrence: America
- Main ingredients: phytosterols, flavonoids, fatty acids
- Plant parts and preparations used: ripe, dried fruits
The ingredients of saw palmetto fruits can influence hormone metabolism and counteract symptoms of a benign enlarged prostate. They also have anti-inflammatory properties.
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
Which age group should be considered?
- Children and adolescents under the age of 18: The medicine should not normally be used in this age group.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: The drug is generally not suitable for women. If, for any reason, you should still be wondering whether to use it, please contact your doctor.
- Breast-feeding: In exceptional cases, ask your doctor about this, as the drug is generally not suitable for women.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use entails in the event of a contraindication.
What side effects can occur?
Only side effects that have only occurred in exceptional cases so far are described for the drug.
If you notice any discomfort or changes during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
Important Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno information:
What should you consider?
- Be careful with allergies to anthranilic acid derivatives, which are found in painkillers, but also in bitter orange and lemon peel!
- Be careful if you are allergic to dyes (e.g. fuchsine and malachite green)!
For medicines: Read the leaflet on the risks and side effects and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Prostagutt ® uno
Active substance: Sabal thick extract
Areas of application: Problems with urinating in old age prostates.
For risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
dr Willmar Schwabe GmbH & Co. KG, Karlsruhe.
To facilitate urination.
active Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno ingredients
- 320 mg saw palmetto fruit thick extract (10-14.3:1); Extraction agent: ethanol 90% (m/m)
Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno excipients
- gelatin polysuccinate
- Glycerol 85%
- Iron(II,III) oxide
- Iron(III) oxide hydrate, black
- Patent Blue V
Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno indication
- The drug is a herbal prostate drug.
- It is used for problems with urination in the case of a benign enlargement of the prostate (micturition problems in benign prostatic hyperplasia, stages I to II according to Alken).
- This drug only improves the symptoms of an enlarged prostate without correcting the enlargement. Therefore, please visit your doctor at regular intervals. A doctor should be consulted, especially if there is blood in the urine or acute urinary retention.
dosage Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno
- Always take the medicine exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose is:
- You should take 1 capsule once a day (equivalent to 320 mg Sabal extract daily).
duration of use
- The duration of the application is not limited in time. However, you should see your doctor at regular intervals.
If you take more than you should:
- So far no overdose symptoms are known.
If you forget to take a dose:
- If you forget to take a dose, you should continue to take the medicine as directed and not change the dose without medical advice.
Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno way
- The capsules are swallowed whole with some liquid.
- Like all medicines, this preparation can have side effects.
- The list includes all known side effects under treatment with Sabal thick extract, including those under higher doses or long-term therapy.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: more than 1 in 10 people treated
- Common: less than 1 in 10 but more than 1 in 100 people treated
- Uncommon: less than 1 in 100 but more than 1 in 1000 people treated
- Rare: less than 1 in 1000 but more than 1 in 10000 people treated
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people, including isolated cases
- In rare cases, stomach problems may occur.
- If you notice any side effects, especially those not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Benign prostate enlargement, frequent urination genetic disorder, PROSTAGUTT uno interactions
Interactions with other medicines
- Not known.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
The medicine must not be taken
- if you have a known hypersensitivity to preparations made from saw palmetto or any of the other ingredients of the drug.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- The medicine is not intended for use in women.
Particular caution is required when taking the preparation
- When taken as directed, no special precautions are necessary.