BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis
Active ingredients: Bifonazole, 10 mg/ml Areas of
Mycoses of the skin caused by dermatophytes, yeasts, molds and other fungi such as Malassezia furfur and infections by Corynebacterium minutissimum: tinea manuum, tinea pedum, tinea corporis, tinea inguinalis, pityriasis versicolor, superficial candidiasis, erythrasma.
For the treatment of fungal diseases.
active BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis ingredients
- 10 mg bifonazole
BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis excipients
- Ethanol 96% (v/v)
- isopropyl myristate
- The preparation is an agent for the treatment of fungal diseases (broad-spectrum antifungal).
- It is used for fungal infections (mycoses) of the skin caused by dermatophytes, yeasts, molds and other fungi such as Malassezia furfur and infections caused by corynebacteria minutissimum.
- This can be z. B. Mycoses of the feet and hands (tinea pedis, tinea manuum), mycoses of the skin and skin folds (tinea corporis, tinea inguinalis), pityriasis versicolor, superficial candidiasis, erythrasma.
BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
- Unless otherwise prescribed, the solution is applied thinly or sprayed on and rubbed in once a day, preferably in the evening before going to bed.
- A few drops of the solution (approx. 3 drops) are usually sufficient for application and rubbing into an area about the size of the palm of a hand.
duration of use
In order to achieve permanent healing, treatment with the solution should not be stopped after the acute inflammatory symptoms or subjective complaints have subsided, but - depending on the type of illness - should be carried out over the following treatment times:
- The duration of treatment is generally 3 weeks for foot mycoses (tinea pedis, tinea pedis interdigitalis).
- Mycoses on the body, hands and skin folds (tinea corporis, tinea manuum, tinea inguinalis) 2 - 3 weeks
- Pityriasis versicolor, erythrasma 2 weeks
- superficial candidiasis of the skin 2 - 4 weeks
- The treatment should always be carried out until the positive fungal cultures have disappeared, but at least 14 days after the symptoms have subsided. There should be a therapy-free interval of 3 - 4 days between the last application and the creation of a fungal culture so that any residues of the active ingredient do not disturb the culture.
- In order to achieve permanent healing, treatment with the solution should not be stopped after the acute inflammatory symptoms or subjective complaints have subsided, but - depending on the type of illness - should be carried out over the following treatment times:
If you use more than you should
- You can continue the treatment with the prescribed dose. In the case of a short-term overdose, no impairments are to be expected.
If you forgot the application
- Continue treatment as directed in the dosing instructions (eg do not apply the solution more frequently or in larger amounts).
If you cancel the application
- Please note that it is important to use the solution for a sufficiently long time in order to achieve complete healing and avoid recurrence.
- Therefore, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before interrupting or prematurely ending the treatment, for example because of side effects!
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis way
- The solution is applied thinly or sprayed on and rubbed into the affected areas of skin.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
possible side effects
- Slight reddening, burning or irritation or flaking of the skin can often occur, mostly temporarily.
- In the case of hypersensitivity to the active substance, contact allergic reactions can occur, which can also manifest themselves in the form of itching, reddening, and blisters beyond the contact area (so-called spread reactions).
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis interactions
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
- No interactions have been reported so far when used as directed.
BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis Contraindications
The solution must not be used
- if you are allergic to bifonazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Not suitable for use in the ear canal.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- Bifonazole should only be used during pregnancy after a careful risk-benefit assessment, since there is no experience with its use in pregnant women.
- The solution should not be applied to the chest area while breastfeeding.
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the solution.
- You should only use the preparation in infants under medical supervision.
- There are no restrictions on use in the elderly.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.
Further BIFON, Bifonazole, fungi solution, candidiasis information
- Carry out hygienic measures (e.g. regular linen changes).