Clotrimazole, Malassezia furfur, Candida, Fungi, APOCANDA cream
Active substance: Clotrimazole
Used to treat fungal infections of the skin caused by dermatophytes, yeasts (e.g. Candida species), mold and other fungi, such as e.g. B. Malassezia furfur. These can manifest themselves as mycoses of the feet, mycoses of the skin and skin folds, pityriasis versicolor, superficial candidiasis.
Areas of Clotrimazole, Malassezia furfur, Candida, Fungi, APOCANDA cream application:
- Fungal infections with yeast fungi, filamentous fungi and other fungi, such as:
- Fungal infections of the skin
- Fungal infections in the Body folds
- athlete's foot
- fungal infections between the toes or fingers (interdigital mycosis)
- fungal infections on the nail wall (nail circulation)
- skin lichen caused by bran fungus (pityriasis versicolor)
- dwarf lichen (erythrasma) (skin infection with certain bacteria) Instructions for
use Clotrimazole, Malassezia furfur, Candida, Fungi, APOCANDA cream:
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
Type of application?
Apply the medicine to the affected skin area(s).
Duration of use?
The duration of use depends on the type of symptoms and/or the course of the disease. The duration of use should be up to 4 weeks, even if the symptoms subside before then.
There are no known overdose symptoms. If in doubt consult your doctor.
Continue the application as normal (i.e. not with double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for babies, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action Clotrimazole, Malassezia furfur, Candida, Fungi, APOCANDA cream:
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
The active ingredient damages the outer shell, the so-called cell membrane of fungi. This shell thus loses some of its functions, for example it becomes less permeable to nutrients - the cell starves, or cell components escape and the cell dissolves. Depending on the concentration of the active ingredient, the growth and reproduction of the fungi are inhibited or killed directly. The active ingredient is also effective against certain bacteria.
Clotrimazole, Malassezia furfur, Candida, Fungi, APOCANDA cream Contraindications:
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: consult your doctor. Various considerations play a role in whether and how the drug can be used during pregnancy.
- Lactation: the drug should not be applied to the breast.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use entails in the event of a contraindication.
What side effects can occur?
- Hypersensitivity reactions of the skin, such as:
- burning or stinging of the skin
- reddening of the skin
If you notice any changes in your condition during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
What should you consider?
- Be careful if you are allergic to fungal agents (e.g. clotrimazole)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to benzyl alcohol!
- Be careful if you are allergic to emulsifiers (e.g. cetostearyl alcohol)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to the solvent polyethylene glycol (E number E 431)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to emulsifiers (e.g. sorbitan fat esters with E numbers E 493 and E 494)!
- There may be medicines with which interactions occur. You should therefore generally tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicine you are already using before starting treatment with a new medicine. This also applies to medicines that you buy yourself, use only occasionally or have been using for some time.
For medicines: Read the leaflet on the risks and side effects and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For the treatment of skin fungal infections.
- 10 mg clotrimazole
- benzyl alcohol
- cetyl palmitate
- cetylstearyl alcohol
- water, purified
- Polysorbate 60
- sorbitan stearate