Deacura, biotin supplement 5mg prophylaxis Tablets
Active substance: Biotin
Prophylaxis and therapy of biotin deficiency states. (Less than 0.2 mg biotin per day is sufficient for prophylaxis).
Therapy of biotin deficiency states in the very rare biotin-dependent, multiple carboxylase deficiency.
For risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For the prevention and treatment of biotin deficiency.
active DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets ingredients
- 5 mg biotin
DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets excipients
- cellulose, microcrystalline
- lactose-1 water
- Povidone K30
- magnesium stearate
Indication/ DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets Application
- The drug is a vitamin supplement.
- It is used to prevent and treat biotin deficiency. (For prevention, less than 0.2 mg biotin per day is sufficient.)
- Treatment of a biotin deficiency in the very rare biotin-dependent multiple carboxylase deficiency.
DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
- 1/2 - 1 tablet daily (equivalent to 2.5 - 5 mg biotin). Less than 0.2 mg biotin per day is sufficient to prevent deficiencies.
For therapy of multiple carboxylase deficiency:
- 1 - 2 tablet(s) daily (equivalent to 5 - 10 mg biotin).
- For lower doses, preparations with a lower biotin content are available.
duration of use
- The preparation is taken until the biotin levels normalize. The duration of intake depends on the course of the underlying disease. Please ask your doctor about this.
- In the very rare biotin-dependent, multiple carboxylase deficiency, it is taken for life.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- You can continue treatment with the indicated dosage. In the case of a short-term overdose, no undesirable effects are to be expected.
If you forgot the application
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application.
If you cancel the application
- You could jeopardize the success of the treatment. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets way
- The preparation is taken whole with sufficient liquid.
side DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everyone gets them. The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
possible side effects
- Allergic skin reactions (hives) have been observed very rarely.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
- There is evidence that medicines used to treat seizures (anticonvulsants) lower the level of biotin in the blood plasma.
The medicine must not be used
- if you are allergic to biotin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
pregnancy DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
patient DEACURA, biotin supplement, prophylaxis tablets notes
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
- The medicine contains 5 mg biotin per tablet.
- If you are having a laboratory test, you must tell your doctor or the laboratory staff that you are taking or have recently taken these tablets, as biotin can affect the results of such tests. Depending on the test, the results may be falsely high or falsely low due to the biotin. Your doctor may ask you to stop before conducting laboratory tests.
You should also be aware that other products you may be taking, such as multivitamins or hair, skin
and nail supplements, may also contain biotin and may affect laboratory test results.
- Please tell your doctor or laboratory staff if you are taking such products.
Driving and using machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.