ESPUMISAN pearl soft Active ingredient: Simeticon.
Areas of application:
For the symptomatic treatment of gas-related gastrointestinal complaints, e.g. B. Flatulence (meteorism), flatulence, bloating.
To prepare for diagnostic examinations in the abdominal area, such as B. X-ray and sonography (ultrasound).
Note: Contains methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (E 218) [Ph. Eur.] And yellow orange S (E 110).
- 40 mg simethicone
- Methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate
- Glycerol 85%
- Quinoline yellow
- Yellow orange S
ESPUMISAN pearl soft Indication / application
- The drug is a gastrointestinal drug and a diagnostic aid.
- The active ingredient simeticon disintegrates the gas bubbles embedded in the food pulp and in the mucus of the digestive tract. The gases released in the process can now be absorbed by the intestinal wall and removed by the bowel movement.
It is applied
- for the symptomatic treatment of gas-related gastrointestinal complaints, e.g. B. Flatulence (meteorism) or flatulence, bloating
- to prepare for diagnostic examinations in the abdominal area, such as B. X-ray and sonography (ultrasound)
- Gas-related complaints can also be an expression of functional disorders in the gastrointestinal area and manifest themselves in a feeling of pressure and fullness, premature feeling of satiety, belching, colicky intestines and flatulence.
ESPUMISAN pearl soft dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
For gas-related gastrointestinal complaints
- z. B. Flatulence (meteorism) or flatulence, bloating
- Children from
- 80 mg simethicone
Frequency of intake
- 3 to 4 times a day
To prepare for diagnostic examinations in the abdominal area
- z. B. X-ray and sonography (ultrasound)
the day before the examination
- 3 times 80 mg simeticon each (corresponding to a total of 240 mg simethicone)
on the morning of the day of the examination
- 80 mg simethicone
Use in children
- The drug is not suitable for younger children (under 6 years of age) and infants. Other forms of administration are available.
- For gas-related gastrointestinal complaints
Duration of application
- Take the preparation as long as your symptoms persist. The preparation can, if necessary, be taken for a long time. Please also note the "Patient information" category.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- Poisoning after overdosing is practically impossible. Large amounts of the drug can also be tolerated without any problems.
- The active ingredient of the preparation, simeticon, causes the foam in the gastrointestinal tract to dissolve in a purely physical way.
- Simeticon is not absorbed into the body and is not chemically or biologically changed during the intestinal passage.
If you forget to take a dose
- You can take it at any time.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicinal product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
ESPUMISAN pearl soft way
- Take the medicine with or after meals and, if necessary, at bedtime.
- The drug can also be taken after operations.
ESPUMISAN pearl soft Side effects
- Side effects related to the use of the drug have not yet been observed.
- For more information, see the instructions for use!
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
ESPUMISAN pearl soft Interactions
Taking with other medicines
- There are no known interactions with other drugs.
The medicine must not be taken
- if you are allergic to simethicone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
ESPUMISAN pearl soft pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Due to the effect of simethicone and the lack of absorption into the body from the gastrointestinal tract, no negative effects are to be expected after taking the preparation during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- There are no clinical data from the use of the product in pregnant women.
ESPUMISAN pearl soft Patient information
Warnings and Precautions
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking the medicine.
- In the event of new and / or persistent abdominal discomfort, you should consult a doctor so that the cause of the discomfort and any underlying disease that may require treatment can be identified.
Driving and using machines
- The drug has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines.