EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency
Eusovit® 201 mg. Soft capsules
Active ingredient: DL-alpha-tocopherol acetate (equivalent to 201 mg RRR-alpha-tocopherol equivalent) vitamin E. Area of
For the treatment of vitamin E deficiency.
Warning: contains Ponceau 4R (E 124). Note leaflet.
For EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For vitamin E deficiency.
active EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency ingredients
- 300 mg DL-α-tocopherol acetate
EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency excipients
- Glycerol 85%
- Cochineal red A
EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency indication
- The medicine is a vitamin E preparation.
- It is used to treat vitamin E deficiency.
- It is not suitable for the treatment of vitamin E deficiencies, which are associated with impaired absorption of vitamin E from the intestine. In these cases, parenteral preparations (injection solutions) are available.
EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
How and how often should you take the supplement?
Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose for adults is:
- 1 soft capsule 201 mg once daily
- This corresponds to 300 mg DL-alpha-tocopherol acetate or 201 mg RRR-alpha-tocopherol equivalent.
- Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose for adults is:
How long can you take the preparation?
- The duration of intake depends on the course of the underlying disease. Please ask your doctor about this.
- Also talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- Please notify a doctor if you take more than you should. Dangerous symptoms as a result of an overdose (hypervitaminosis) are not known.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
- Continue as directed by your doctor or as described here.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency way
- Take the capsules whole with enough liquid, preferably with a glass of drinking water (200 ml).
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
possible side effects
- Long-term intake of amounts above 600 mg alpha-tocopherol acetate per day (this corresponds to more than 2 soft capsules of the preparation) can lead to a reduction in the thyroid hormone level in the blood.
- Gastrointestinal problems occur very rarely with large amounts in the range of 1200 mg alpha-tocopherol acetate per day (this corresponds to 4 soft capsules of the preparation).
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed.
EUSOVIT 201 mg soft capsules, vitamin e deficiency interactions
- Medicines can interact with each other so that their effect is stronger or weaker than usual. Therefore, please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using other medicines or have recently taken/used them, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
What should you watch out for if you are taking other medicines at the same time?
- The effect may be reduced if you take an iron-containing medicine at the same time. Therefore, take these medicines about 3 hours apart.
Vitamin K antagonists
- The inhibition of blood coagulation by drugs from the group of vitamin K antagonists (phenprocoumon, warfarin, dicoumarol) can be increased if vitamin E is taken at the same time. Blood coagulation should therefore be carefully monitored. Please speak to your doctor.
- Iron-containing medicines
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to DL-alpha-tocopherol acetate (vitamin E) or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
- During pregnancy you should take 13 mg of vitamin E daily. The drug crosses the placenta. So far, no damage has been observed in the unborn child - even with higher doses.
- If you are breastfeeding, you should take 17 mg of vitamin E per day. The drug gets into breast milk.
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine
- if you are taking certain medicines to prevent blood clotting at the same time.
- if you have a vitamin K deficiency at the same time. In the case of combined vitamin E and vitamin K deficiency caused by malabsorption, blood coagulation must be carefully monitored, since in individual cases there has been a sharp drop in vitamin K.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine
What effects does the preparation have on the ability to drive and use machines?
- There are no special precautions required.