Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 hard capsules with gastric juice coated pellet
pack size:200 pcs Dosage form: Hard capsules containing enteric coated pellets
Pangrol® 40,000 capsules
Active Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 ingredient:
pancreas powder (pork)
Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 Application:
To replace digestive enzymes in digestive disorders (maldigestion) as a result of insufficient or absent pancreatic function (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency).
Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 application:
- Functional disorders of the pancreas and the resulting digestive problems Instructions for
use Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000:
The total dose should not be taken without consulting a doctor or pharmacists are exceeded.
Type of application?
Take the medicine with liquid (e.g. 1 glass of water). Make sure you take it whole and drink plenty of fluids.
Duration of use?
It depends on the type of symptoms and/or the course of the disease. It should therefore be determined in consultation with your doctor.
There are no known overdose symptoms. If in doubt consult your doctor.
Forgot to take?
Continue taking it as normal (i.e. not double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for babies, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000:
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
The medicine consists of digestive enzymes extracted from the pancreas of pigs. These are very similar to the naturally occurring digestive enzymes in the human gastrointestinal tract and mix with the chyme in the stomach and intestines after ingestion. There they help to break down food by breaking down fats, proteins and carbohydrates into smaller units. This supports the digestion of the food. These are then absorbed into the blood or the lymph and distributed to the cells of the individual tissues via these transport routes.
Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 Contraindications:
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
Under certain circumstances - talk to your doctor or pharmacist about this:
- Inflammation of the pancreas, in the acute state
Which age group should be considered?
- Children under 15 years of age: The medicine should not normally be used in this group. There are preparations that are more suitable in terms of the strength of the active ingredient and/or dosage form.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: According to current knowledge, the medicine has no harmful effects on the development of your child or the birth.
- Breast-feeding: According to current knowledge, there are no indications that the drug should not be used during breast-feeding.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use entails in the event of a contraindication.
What side effects can occur?
Only side effects that have only occurred in exceptional cases so far are described for the drug.
If you notice any discomfort or changes during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
Important Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 information:
What should you consider?
- Be careful if you are allergic to pork protein!
- Be careful if you are allergic to the preservatives benzoic acid and benzoates (E number E 210, E 211, E 212, E 213)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to the solvent polyethylene glycol (E number E 431)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to the preservative sorbic acid (E number E 200, E 201, E 202, E 203)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to talc!
- Be careful if you are allergic to citric acid (e.g. in citrus fruits, currants, apples)!
- Beware of allergies to dyes (e.g. indigo carmine with the E number E 132)!
For medicines: Read the leaflet on the risks and side effects and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Used to treat indigestion.
active Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 ingredients
- Pork pancreas powder 319.05-414.35 mg
Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 excipients
- triethyl citrate
- Iron(III) oxide hydrate, black
- Methacrylic acid ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1) dispersion 30%
- ferric oxide
- Simethicone Emulsion 20%
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- titanium dioxide
- indigo carmine
indication Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000
- This preparation is a medicine that contains digestive substances (enzymes) from the pancreas of pigs (pancreas powder, also called pancreatin).
- It is used to treat indigestion caused by decreased pancreatic function.
Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 dosage
- Always take the medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The recommended dose is:
- 1 capsule per meal (equivalent to 40,000 Ph. Eur. units of lipase per meal).
- The dosage depends on the severity of the indigestion, so the required dose can also be higher. The dose should only be increased under medical supervision and aimed at improving the symptoms (e.g. fatty stools, abdominal pain).
- A daily enzyme dose of 15,000 to 20,000 units of lipase per kilogram of body weight should not be exceeded. Especially in patients with cystic fibrosis, the enzyme dose should not be higher than necessary for adequate fat absorption.
duration of use
- The duration of the application is not subject to any restrictions. It depends on the course of the disease and is determined by the doctor. If you do not feel better or if you feel worse, contact your doctor.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- Drink plenty of water and talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Extremely high doses of pancreas powder can lead to an increase in uric acid in the blood (hyperuricaemia) and urine (hyperuricosuria), particularly in patients with cystic fibrosis.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for the previous dose, but please continue with the treatment as recommended.
If you stop taking it
- If you stop or interrupt treatment prematurely, you must be aware that your symptoms may return. Consult your doctor.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Fat maldigestion, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, PANGROL 40,000 way
- Swallow the medicine whole with plenty of liquid, preferably halfway through a meal.
- Patients who do not want to swallow the entire capsule can also place it over a suitable vessel, such as a B. a drinking glass, open by pulling apart and only swallow the contents with some liquid without chewing.
- Please make sure that the capsules or, when opening the capsules, the pellets they contain are swallowed whole, as the preparation loses its effectiveness when chewed and the enzymes contained in the capsules can damage the mucous membrane when they are released in the oral cavity. You should drink plenty of fluids (water or juice).
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everyone gets them.
- If you notice any of the following side effects, stop taking the preparation and inform your doctor immediately. He will then decide on the type of further treatment.
Very rare side effects (affects less than 1 user in 10,000):
- Diarrhoea, abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting
- Immediate-type allergic reactions, e.g. B. Rash, hives (urticaria), sneezing, tearing, shortness of breath due to narrowing of the airways (bronchospasm), shortness of breath
- allergic reactions of the digestive tract
- In patients with cystic fibrosis, narrowing of the small intestine/cecum and the ascending sections of the large intestine have been described after administration of high doses of pancreas powder. These narrowings can sometimes lead to an intestinal blockage.
- If you have any unusual gastrointestinal symptoms or changes in symptoms, you should have them checked out by your doctor as a precautionary measure to rule out the possibility of damage to the intestines. This particularly affects patients who take more than 10,000 Ph. Eur. units of lipase per kilogram of body weight daily.
Frequency of side effects not known (cannot be estimated from the available data):
- In patients with cystic fibrosis, increased uric acid excretion in the urine can occur, especially when taking high doses of pancreas powder. Therefore, urinary uric acid excretion should be monitored in these patients to avoid the formation of uric acid stones.
- If you get any side effects, stop taking the medicine and tell your doctor right away. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Taking the preparation together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used or might use any other medicines.
- The absorption of folic acid (uptake of folic acid into the blood) can be reduced by taking finished medicinal products containing pancreas powder, so that an additional supply of folic acid may be necessary.
- The effect of the blood sugar-lowering active ingredients acarbose and miglitol can be reduced by taking the preparation at the same time.
This medicine must not be taken
- if you are allergic to pancreas powder, pork or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you suffer from acute inflammation of the pancreas or have an acute flare-up of chronic inflammation of the pancreas during the full-blown disease phase. In the cooling-off phase during the dietary build-up (light diet), however, the administration of the drug occasionally makes sense if digestive disorders persist.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
- There is insufficient experience with the use of the drug in pregnant women. There are insufficient data from animal studies regarding pregnancy, unborn child development, parturition and child development after birth. The potential risk for humans is unknown. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not take the medicine unless your doctor thinks it is absolutely necessary.
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine
- if you experience symptoms similar to an intestinal obstruction (e.g. abdominal pain, lack of bowel movements, nausea, vomiting). Intestinal obstruction is a known complication in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- This medicinal product contains active enzymes which, if released in the oral cavity (e.g. by chewing), may cause damage to the mucous membranes (e.g. sores in the oral mucosa). Therefore, make sure to take the preparation whole.
children and young people
- Children under the age of 15 with cystic fibrosis should not be treated with this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine
Ability to drive and use machines
- The drug has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines.