GYNOCASTUS solution, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome
Areas of PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome application:
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Feelings of tension and swelling in the breasts (mastodynia)
- Symptoms before the menstrual period begins (premenstrual Syndrome, PMS)
active GYNOCASTUS, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome ingredients
- 1 ml chaste tree fruit extract (7.9-8.8:1); Extraction agent: ethanol 60% (V/V)
GYNOCASTUS, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome excipients
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
Type of application?
Take the medicine undiluted. You can also dilute the medicine with water or tea.
Duration of use?
The duration of use is not limited. The drug is suitable for treatment over a longer period of time and should be used for at least 3 monthly cycles.
There are no known overdose symptoms. If in doubt consult your doctor.
Continue the application as normal (i.e. not with double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for infants, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome:
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
The ingredients come from the chaste tree plant and act as a natural mixture. About the plant itself:
- Appearance: Tree or shrub up to 6 m tall, whose pinnate leaves are hairy on the underside, the small, fragrant violet flowers form spike-like inflorescences, the fruits are small, reddish-black
- Occurrence: Southern Europe, Asia
- Main Ingredients: essential oil (limonene, pinene), iridoid glycosides (aucubin, agnosid), flavonoids
- Plant parts and preparations used: mainly extracts of the fruit
Extracts of chaste tree suppress the release of prolactin. The concentration of this substance is often elevated before menstruation and is one of the causes of premenstrual symptoms. Additionally, chaste tree appears to restore the balance between estrogen and progesterone.
What speaks against an application?
- hypersensitivity to the ingredients
- breast tumors
- tumors of the pituitary gland (pituitary tumors)
Which age group should be considered?
- Children under 12 years of age: The medicine should not normally be used in this age group.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: According to current knowledge, the drug should not be used.
- Breast-feeding: According to current knowledge, it is not recommended to use it. You may be to consider a weaning.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use entails in the event of a contraindication.
What side effects can occur?
- Skin rash
- Hives If
you notice any discomfort or changes during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
Important PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome information:
What should you consider?
- Beware of allergies to spices, essential oils and turpentine oil!
- The drug contains small amounts of alcohol and should therefore be avoided by alcoholics.
GYNOCASTUS, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome indication
- Rhythm disturbances in the menstrual period (menstrual tempo anomalies), tension and swelling in the breasts (mastodynia), monthly recurring symptoms before the onset of the menstrual period (premenstrual symptoms).
- If you have a feeling of tension and swelling in the breasts or if you have problems with your menstrual period, you should first consult a doctor, as these may be diseases that require medical clarification.
GYNOCASTUS, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome dosage
The following information applies unless your doctor has prescribed the medicine differently. Please follow the instructions for use, otherwise the drug will not work properly!
How much of the medicine and how often should you take the medicine?
Take 10 drops of the drug in the morning and evening (equivalent to a
daily dose of 40 mg of chaste fruit).
- Take 10 drops of the drug in the morning and evening (equivalent to a
How and when should you take the medicine?
- The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach with some liquid in the morning and evening before meals.
- How much of the medicine and how often should you take the medicine?
How long should you take the medicine?
- Treatment with the drug should be continued without interruption for several months and should continue for a few weeks after the symptoms have improved.
What do you have to consider if you have taken too little of the medicine or have forgotten an application?
- If you have forgotten to take a dose, do not make up for it, but continue with the next dose.
What to do if the medicine has been used in too large amounts (deliberate or accidental overdose)?
- Taking large amounts of the drug can lead to alcohol poisoning, especially in small children; in this case there is danger to life, which is why a doctor must be consulted immediately.
GYNOCASTUS, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome way
The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach with some liquid in the morning and evening before meals
What side effects can occur when taking the drug?
- After taking medicines that contain chaste fruit, headaches, itching or abdominal discomfort such as nausea, stomach or lower abdominal pain, as well as hypersensitivity reactions with skin rashes and wheals can occur. Severe reactions with facial swelling, shortness of breath and difficulty swallowing have also been described. No information is available on the frequency of these possible side effects.
What countermeasures should be taken in the event of side effects?
- In particular, if there are signs of hypersensitivity reactions, please stop using the drug and consult your doctor immediately. After the occurrence of hypersensitivity reactions, the drug must not be used again.
- If you notice any side effects that are not listed here, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
GYNOCASTUS, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome interactions
What other medicines affect the way the medicine works?
- If you are taking other medicines, you should consult your doctor before taking the medicine, as there is evidence of a mutual weakening of the effect when dopamine receptor antagonists are administered at the same time.
- Please note that this information may also apply to medicines you have used recently.
When should you not take the medicine?
- You must not take the medicine if you have already had a hypersensitive reaction to chaste tree fruits (chaste tree fruits) or any of the other ingredients of the medicine.
The drug must not be taken if:
- Pituitary tumors (growths of the pituitary gland)
- Mammary carcinoma (breast cancer)
pregnancy and breast feeding period
What do you have to consider during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- The drug must not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as animal experiments have shown that milk production is impaired.
patient GYNOCASTUS, PMS, menopause breast swelling, mastodynia, premenstrual Syndrome notes
Precautions for use and warnings:
What precautions should be taken?
- This medicine contains alcohol. If the dosage instructions are observed, alcohol is consumed with each intake. There is a health risk in people with liver diseases, alcoholics, epileptics and patients with organic diseases of the brain. The effect of other medicines can be affected.
- What precautions should be taken?