Hepa-Merz solution for infusion concentrate liver failure
Active ingredient: L-ornithine-L-aspartate
Areas of application:
Hepa-Merz solution for infusion concentrate is used for the treatment of impaired consciousness due to liver failure (latent and manifest hepatic encephalopathy).
Active ingredient: ornithine aspartate
In the case of disturbed detoxification performance of the liver and the resulting disturbances of consciousness.
active HEPA MERZ infusion concentrate ampoules 25X10 ml liver failure ingredients
- 5000 mg ornithine aspartate
HEPA MERZ infusion concentrate ampoules 25X10 ml liver failure excipients
- water for injections
- The drug is a drug used to stimulate ammonia detoxification by increasing urea synthesis in the liver.
- It is also used for ammonia detoxification in the tissue, i.e. outside the liver (extrahepatic).
- The drug is used to treat impaired consciousness due to liver failure (latent and manifest hepatic encephalopathy).
HEPA MERZ infusion concentrate ampoules 25X10 ml liver failure dosage
- Unless otherwise directed by your doctor, the usual dose is up to 4 ampoules daily. At the onset of impaired consciousness (pre-coma) and clouding of consciousness (coma), your doctor can administer up to 8 ampoules within 24 hours, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you use too much medicine:
- To date, no symptoms of poisoning have been observed in the case of an overdose of ornithine partate. If necessary, your doctor will treat the symptoms you are experiencing
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
HEPA MERZ infusion concentrate ampoules 25X10 ml liver failure way
- The medicinal product is a concentrate for making up a solution for infusion. Before use, your doctor will add the ampoules to an infusion solution and infuse the medicine in this form.
- However, your doctor should only prepare the mixture immediately before use. However, for reasons of venous compatibility, your doctor should not dissolve more than 6 ampoules per 500 ml infusion.
- The infusion rate is a maximum of 5 g ornithine partate (corresponding to the content of one ampoule) per hour.
- The medicinal product must not be administered intra-arterially.
Like all medicines, the drug can have side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The frequency of side effects is based on the following categories:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
Possible side effects:
- Uncommon: nausea
- Rare: vomiting
- Frequency not known: hypersensitivity, allergic (anaphylactic) reaction
- Nausea and vomiting are generally transient and do not require discontinuation of the medicinal product, but resolve with dose or infusion rate reductions.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed here.
- The frequency of side effects is based on the following categories:
HEPA MERZ infusion concentrate ampoules 25X10 ml liver failure interactions
When using the medicine with other medicines:
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
- So far no interactions are known.
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ornithine partate or any of the other ingredients of the medicine
- if you suffer from severe kidney dysfunction (renal insufficiency). A serum creatinine value of over 3 mg/100 ml can be used as a guideline.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- The safety of using the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been proven.
- If you want to become pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding, please inform your doctor.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient HEPA MERZ infusion concentrate ampoules 25X10 ml liver failure notes
Special care is required when using the drug
- if high doses of the medicine are to be used. The urea level in the serum and urine should be checked by your doctor.
- with severely impaired liver function. To avoid nausea and vomiting, your doctor will adjust the infusion rate individually for you.
- There is no data available for use in children.
Driving and using machines:
- Due to the disease, your ability to drive and use machines may also be affected during treatment with the medicine.