JUCURBA forte 480 mg film-coated tablets, Kalahari Desert, South Africa, devil's claw, musculoskeletal system
JUCURBA forte, Kalahari Desert, South Africa, devil's claw, musculoskeletal system application:
- Signs of wear and tear of the musculoskeletal system, for supportive treatment
use JUCURBA forte, Kalahari Desert, South Africa, devil's claw, musculoskeletal system:
The total dose should not be increased without consultation with a doctor or pharmacist are exceeded.
Type of application?
Take the medicine with liquid (e.g. 1 glass of water).
Duration of use?
In principle, the duration of the application is not limited in time.
You should see your doctor if you have persistent or recurring symptoms.
Overdose can cause diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and headaches, among other things. If you suspect an overdose, contact a doctor immediately.
Forgot to take?
Continue taking it as normal (i.e. not double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for infants, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action:
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
The ingredients come from the devil's claw plant and act as a natural mixture. About the plant itself:
- Appearance: perennial, prostrate plant with a strongly developed root system; grey-green, lobed leaves, large, funnel-shaped violet flowers
- Occurrence: Kalahari Desert (South Africa)
- Main ingredients: bitter substances (harpagoside)
- Plant parts and preparations used: dried root extracts
The bitter substances in devil's claw suppress an endogenous substance that is responsible for the formation of pain- and inflammation-triggering substances. The bitter taste also stimulates digestion.
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
- Ulcers in the digestive tract
Under certain circumstances - talk to your doctor or pharmacist about this:
- Gallstone disease
Which age group should be considered?
- Children under 12 years of age: The medicine should not normally be used in this age group.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: According to current knowledge, the drug should not be used.
- Breast-feeding: According to current knowledge, it is not recommended to use it. You may be to consider a weaning.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use entails in the event of a contraindication.
What side effects can occur?
Only side effects that have only occurred in exceptional cases so far are described for the drug.
If you notice any discomfort or changes during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
What should you consider?
- Be careful if you are allergic to the solvent propylene glycol (E number E 477)!
- Be careful if you are allergic to the solvent polyethylene glycol (E number E 431)!
For medicines: Read the leaflet on the risks and side effects and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Jucurba® forte 480 mg film-coated tablets
Active ingredient: devil's claw root dry extract.
Field of use:
For supportive treatment of signs of wear and tear of the musculoskeletal system. In acute conditions such. B. are accompanied by redness, swelling or overheating of joints, as well as persistent symptoms, a doctor must be consulted.
Warning: contains milk sugar (lactose).