LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease capsules
pack size:100 pcs Dosage form:capsules
For use in chronic, inflammatory liver diseases.
active LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease ingredients
- milk thistle fruit dry extract (36-44:1); Extraction agent: ethyl acetate 98% 173-186.7 mg
LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease excipients
- Carboxymethyl Starch, Sodium
- Polysorbate 80
- magnesium stearate
- titanium dioxide
- ferric oxide
- Iron(II,III) oxide
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease indication
- This preparation is a herbal medicine and liver therapeutic.
- For the supportive treatment of chronic inflammatory liver diseases, liver cirrhosis and toxic liver damage (caused by liver toxins).
- The drug is not suitable for the treatment of acute poisoning.
LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The recommended dose for adults and adolescents over 12 years is 1 hard capsule (milk thistle fruit dry extract corresponding to 324 mg silymarin (HPLC) or 420 mg silymarin (DNPH)) 2 - 3 times a day.
- If the symptoms persist, you should see your doctor.
- There is insufficient data for specific dosage recommendations in the case of impaired renal function.
Children under 12 years old
- The application is not intended
duration of use
- The doctor treating you decides how long you should take it. If the symptoms persist despite the intake, the doctor should be consulted.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should:
- Symptoms of poisoning have not been observed to date. In the event of an overdose, the side effects described can occur to an increased extent. If you suspect an overdose, please contact your doctor. A specific antidote is not known.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease way
- The hard capsules should be swallowed whole with some liquid before eating.
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The frequency of side effects is based on the following categories:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
Possible side effects:
- Occasionally, gastrointestinal complaints such. B. nausea and slightly laxative effect observed.
- Occasionally, hypersensitivity reactions, e.g. B. skin rash, itching and shortness of breath occur.
- At the first sign of a hypersensitivity reaction, the drug should not be taken again.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease interactions
Taking other medicines:
- Studies on interactions with other drugs are not available. So far no interactions have become known.
- The improvement in liver function while taking this preparation can change the metabolism of other medicines taken at the same time, so that the dosage may have to be adjusted. If this medicine is taken at the same time as amiodarone (medicine against cardiac arrhythmia), it cannot be ruled out that the antiarrhythmic effect of amiodarone will be increased.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or intend to take/use any other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
The drug must not be taken
- if you have a known hypersensitivity to milk thistle fruits and/or other composite plants and to any of the other ingredients
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
- Safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been adequately studied. It is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
patient LEGALON forte, fatty liver disease, alcoholic, chronic liver disease notes
- Drug therapy does not replace avoidance of causes that damage the liver (e.g. alcohol).
Special care is required when taking
- if you have jaundice (light to dark yellow skin discoloration, yellowing of the whites of the eyes), a doctor should be consulted.
- There are no adequate studies on use in children. It should therefore not be used in children under the age of 12.
Driving and using machines:
- There are no special precautions required.